iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TJ friction winch adjustment

Started by mog5858, February 20, 2013, 07:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mog5858

hi out there i looking for help in setting up my winch on my 201 tj. i works ok but can't pull a lot winch just slips now i not shere if it cus i am out of adjustment or friction plates are wore out.  it is a hand engage winch. hear are some question the winch finger's are all home made but one and they all have weld on the end to build them up. i see about 5/16 moment on the frichion plate going from in to out.  should the black arrow be hitting at the same time as the blue it dose not seam right? second question am i missing a spacer on the clutch yoke sleeve see the 1/4" gap under the green arrow that sleeve will slide back and forth when taking in and out. thrid question where should i have my stop set up to hit. or dose that really matter? thanks for any help. martin

bushmechanic

Martin I not exactly sure but I think there is a small lock pin(right along side the black arrow in the first pic)and if you pull out that pin then you can turn the whole fingers piece.If it's anything like mine then it is possibly seized.I think it screws in to take up the slack and tighten the friction discs.On my winch I can see threads almost where the black arrow is.I haven't done anything with mine yet so I am only guessing,hope this can be of some help.

mog5858

thanks i will look at it hope it that help's  cus you never know when you really going to need your winch to get your self out of a spot.

Mark K

Bushmechanic is right. Helped my nieghbor with his last year. It is probably siezed. I sprayed it up, worked it with an air hammer and tightened it up.We can stand the skidder up with the winch after that.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!