The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: End of season cleaning  (Read 5202 times)

Offline bowman316

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: End of season cleaning
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 02:38:54 AM »
That sounds really complicated.  That is essentially just a draft regulator, to keep the water temperature in check? 
My furnace is sooo simple.   At the bottom of the firebox is a little door, tied to a chain.  This chain is tied to a steel arm, which ties into a valve.  and as the water temp goes up, the arm goes down, closing the door.  which smothers the fire.   

IDK what kinda system you are talking about. 

Offline Richard PM

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »
Hey guys I see a few of you are using used motor oil that is brushed on, what a mess, I have a suggestion for you to try that I think works much better and no mess.  Purchase a good quality,(about one quart)  spray bottle from your local hardware store, fill it with 30% fuel oil 70% automatic transmission oil, shake it up and spray a coating of it on any exposed areas in the firebox, heat exchanger, and air tubes. The transmission oil has anti corrosive agents in it that protect the steel much like gun oil.

Offline Roger2561

• Love the outdoors
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »
Hey guys I see a few of you are using used motor oil that is brushed on, what a mess, I have a suggestion for you to try that I think works much better and no mess.  Purchase a good quality,(about one quart)  spray bottle from your local hardware store, fill it with 30% fuel oil 70% automatic transmission oil, shake it up and spray a coating of it on any exposed areas in the firebox, heat exchanger, and air tubes. The transmission oil has anti corrosive agents in it that protect the steel much like gun oil.

I'll keep in mind the mix of fuel oil and tranny fluid.  I use an old automotive paint sprayer that's connected to the compressor.  Works great.
Roger

Offline Logging logginglogging

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
i spray my used oil with no mess at all and its free.
I'll keep in mind the mix of fuel oil and tranny fluid.  I use an old automotive paint sprayer that's connected to the compressor.  Works great.

Offline bowman316

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »
air tubes and heat exchanger?  do you guys have hot air heat?  or radiator heat? 

Offline Richard PM

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 08:58:51 AM »
Air tubues and heat exchanger are where the exhaust from the fire travels through before exiting out the stack, allowing the exhaust gases to heat the water in the jacket.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter