iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 207-D

Started by AlaskanLyle, March 10, 2013, 12:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlaskanLyle

Hello everyone,new here and looking for some advice.Ihave a timberjack 207-D and am doing a engine swap.This machine had a perkins 263 4 cylinder witth a t-18 and a forward/reverse box.I now want to put a 353 detroit and a new prosses 4 speed in but need to find the correct bell housing for this setup.Is there such a thing? :P

bushmechanic

I swaped a 4.236 Perkins in a 217D Timberjack and installed a 353 Detroit Diesel out of a Tree Farmer. I don't think I had to find a bell housing the one on the Perkins was the same bolt pattern and I think I used the clutch and pressure plate from the Perkins also. Come to think of it I even used the starter too.Most of the bell housings are a standard pattern being called SAE #1,SAE #2,SAE #3 well you get the picture.Just measure it when you get it apart. 

AlaskanLyle

The problem that I ran into is that the forward reverse box mounted to the front of the 4 speed and then to the bellhousing.Like you stated the bellhousing is the same diamiter but wrong bolt pattern to bolt the 4 speed directly too.So I need to find a aplication where the bell housing bolts directly to the front of the 4 speed. ???

coxy

the bellhousing on the t 18is smaller 4 bolts that hold it to tranny the new prosses bolt patern is biger  if you dont use the f r box u need to put in differnt jack shaft  make drive line longer

Neilo

What model NP gearbox are you going to use?

The NP441R gearbox in most 200 D series Timberjacks also has the reverser in front of the 4 speed. These use bellhousing P/N 403668 when using a Detroit.

AlaskanLyle

Thank's for the reply's,it has become apparent to me that I am going to have to get the reverse box rebuilt in order to get all this to bolt together.The tranny that I have is a np-435 and it has a brake drum mounted on the rear.So i'm if I can get that in there without too much of a driveline problem I would like to add the extra bake to the system.

bushmechanic

The bell housing from a C5 Tree farmer will give you exactly what your looking for because the C5 don't have a reverse box-the reverse is in the transfer case.I wouldn't change out the reverser box because then you'll only have one reverse speed as opposed to four,makes for a long time backing up!

MEloggah

just curious why the dertoit? have one layin around or buy it cheap?? if i was going through the effort ide go deutz hands down. coming from a man who has had all three engines in different tree farmers through the years.

Neilo

Early 225 and 230 Timberjacks (AR series pre 1966 etc.) had Detroits and the NP435 tansmission. I don't have the part No. for this, but you could get it by buying the relevant parts manual from John Deere.

Otherwise a good parts source may be able to help.

Thank You Sponsors!