Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Some creatures just refuse to evolve.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

drobertson

talk about bullies,  man, poor lil rattler
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coxy

that was AWSOME  :D wish something would eat the cottenmouth  with the rattle snake in side    wonder if that has happend

ND rancher

That should make for some bad dreams!  pappy19 if I can't sleep tonight I'm gonna call you!      coxy I agree with you, or some body could or shot him when he/she was done. I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Magicman

Cottonmouths are just mean.  Of course that one was larger, but they are mean.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

chain

The food chain challenge ...no contest..and why I don't trap river otter anymore.

rooster 58

I REALLY HATE SNAKES :o :o :o

Now I have chills, my hair is standing on end, it's really cold in here, and my spine is tingling!!

Did I say I REALLY HATE SNAKES smiley_thumbsdown

Riggs

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

mooleycow

Black Widow spider is 17 times more deadly than a rattlesnake. 

Wick

That was CRAZY!!!
That strike was fast, I tried to slow it down and it was still a blur.
The gnats and flies irritated me as much as the rest. UH!!
Timber Harvester 30HT25

clww

Quote from: mooleycow on March 25, 2013, 10:59:58 AM
Really? I've been bit by both, and I'll take the Black Widow bite any day as my "preference".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

I've seen rattlers' in the cage feed on mice, real quick!  I've seen cottonmouths on the river,__ just plain flat mean,  the results are indistputable,  moc was bigger, but I really don't think there is a question here,  now spiders are a different topic, all will send one to the ER,  with terrible results,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

VT_Forestry

Quote from: coxy on March 24, 2013, 09:41:39 PM
that was AWSOME  :D wish something would eat the cottenmouth  with the rattle snake in side    wonder if that has happend

I once saw a snapping turtle latched onto a cottonmouth....kicked myself for not having a camera that day, probably never see that again in my life.  Don't know what was in the snake's belly, I'll assume that it was a rattlesnake though :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Wick

I deal with Black Widows alot around the house. They used to freak me out, but kinda second nature now.
Wear gloves when handling/picking up anything and be aware. I can pretty much tell the signs of one in the vicinity, but if it's laying on the ground....check it. Thing that scares me is the kids, they don't know to be as cautious, even though I try to explain.
Anyway I'll take the Widows over any poisonous snake. If I step on one it goes pop, if I step on a snake I get popped. Like that close encounter with a copperhead couple years ago  :o. That reminds me, I still have a snake in the freezer  :D
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Yoopersaw

Quote from: mooleycow on March 25, 2013, 10:59:58 AM

Wouldn't this apply only if your talking about equal amounts of venom?

rooster 58

I like to pop snakes before they pop me ;D I pop 'em with my Ruger single six and 22 mag birdshot ;)

The snakes do look good stretched out on the wall though :)

coxy

cant kill any snakes in ny  :D :D  would love to have 1-2 onthe wall

rooster 58

In Pa. you are permitted to kill one rattler per year with a 25.00 license. I run across the little darlings while trout fishing along certain "cricks" ;D

ely

i read the entire thread... yet i still went back and clicked on the dang video, i knew better.

Wick

STOP.......DON'T MOVE!!!!!!!!!  fudd-smiley
Timber Harvester 30HT25

indiaxman1

very impressive......makes our copperheads look downright passive....skinned/cured a big copperhead years ago..put him under glass....gave to local science teacher....wish i would have kept...

Magicman

What would you do with a science teacher  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

indiaxman1

He had snakes in his classroom...big deal for students to feed em...I spend 32 yrs. stomping out ignorance in In. schools...lost my hair and my mind....hallaluia for retirement in the woods... :)

Thank You Sponsors!