iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Billfold

Started by Magicman, May 23, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

There can not be anything any more uncomfortable than breaking in a new billfold.  I had put this chore off, but mine had finally become hardened from sweat, shrunk, and had holes worn in it.  I saw one that looked OK today and bought it.  :-\   It's the same length as the old one and a bit wider so it seems that everything would fit OK.  Not.

I guess that it will take a couple of weeks and a sore butt before it works, and NO, it is not an excessive amount of CC'ds or $$$ that is the problem.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I had a customer give me his wallet last year. He was moving back up North. (so I gave him 20 to help him with gas  :D). I had commented on this wallet because of the way it zipped up. He had bought it from the "DULUTH" company. He just gave it to me as a present. The zipper on it keeps every bit of sawdust out of it. I love.

And has PLENTY of room in it.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Well OK, I'll see your Jacksons and raise you a few Benjamins.   ;D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thechknhwk

You guys must have sawing jobs.  Mine don't look like that >:(

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll call and raise you 200.  :D

00.  ;D

Jeff

let me direct you 2 gentlemen to the axe auctions.... ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on May 23, 2013, 10:04:04 PM
let me direct you 2 gentlemen to the axe auctions.... ;)

:D :D :D :D :D

Waiting on the hatchet.  smiley_thumbsup

Banjo picker

I need a new bill fold pretty bad myself, but I can't dress one up that nice. Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

clww

I quit carrying a wallet several years ago. Everything (almost) is plastic nowadays anyway. I have a card holder that I keep everything in. I haven't seen that much cash since we started building the cabin.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I wonder if David is really serious about playing.   ;D

And the last bet was...........

thechknhwk

I'd trade those in for some silver while they're still worth something, hahah.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd put 1 more pic up and raise your bet.....but you'd need a bed side nurse after passing out.  :D

Magicman

I have calf roped already.  I wore my Photoshopping skills out.   ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well here, I'll make you a loan.  :D

Magicman

How did you get a key to my DanG closet  ???   :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 23, 2013, 10:35:20 PM
How did you get a key to my DanG closet  ???   :D

In case you did not know it....the same key fits all LT40's and closets.  :D :D :D :D :D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 23, 2013, 10:29:45 PM
Well here, I'll make you a loan.  :D

Good one :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Warbird

You guys need to be careful about posting pictures that have your official government ID's visibly readable.  In fact, if'n I were you, I'd be blacking out the pertinent parts of those pics right quick.  Not trying to be crabby.  It's for your protection.

Jeff

Blurred out by a blurry eyed admin.

Ianab

Love to play, but mine are usually just bank statements with minus signs in front  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

loggah

I cant afford a new wallet !!! :embarassed: :embarassed: ;D ,
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on May 23, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

I guess that it will take a couple of weeks and a sore butt before it works,

You really should consider starting to carry your wallet in a front pocket. Once I made that change several years ago, many of my back problems went away. Sitting on even a wallet as thin as mine can shift your pelvis and cause you problems. Sitting in a sawbooth 10 hours a day or the cab of a truck can cause some real big issues. Once it was pointed out to me how bad a thing it was to have anything in your back pockets other than a hanky, it made a huge change once I made the change.

Magicman

My BIL carries his wallet in his front pocket.  He even has a "wear pattern" on the front of his jeans. 

I am gonna have to do something different and the front pocket may very well be the answer.  I do not think that I carry extra stuff, but apparently I do.   :-\

Jeff

It takes some getting use to, but I'm a true believer now. You just have to get past those panic moments in the beginning when you reach back for your wallet and it is not there, and it takes a few moments to realize it's safe in your front pocket. :D  That's another benefit as well. It is more secure in a front pocket.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on May 24, 2013, 07:30:21 AM
You just have to get past those panic moments in the beginning when you reach back for your wallet and it is not there,

:D :D :D This is soooo true!

isawlogs

I have had my wallet in my left front pocket for ever, I never could get used to having that lump on my rump when I sat down ( specialy when driving the steel seat tractor....  ) :-\    :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

justallan1

I quit carrying a wallet due to my job on a ranch and just carry my license and some money in my front pocket. The rest of my stuff is either in my jacket or lunch box, depending on what time of year it is.

Allan

Raider Bill

Front left pocket for me too big difference, much better!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

downsouth

Looks like Magicman dug up that coffe can after all.

beenthere

A new wallet is in order, but hard to get rid of an old friend.
But nothing to show like the Poston and MM....... I think it came out through the holes.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

Not only is carrying your wallet in your front pocket better for your back, but it also eliminates the chance that a pick-pocket in a crowd could grab it!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Howdy

I have carried my wallet in my front left pocket since I got tired of losing it in High School.  Now I just ask my wife if ever I need any cash and just carry ID, a debit card, and almost nothing else. 

Looks like you guys have already bid on the auction so if you still are overloaded, just send some my way. 

Ron Wenrich

I generally leave my wallet in the truck.  When I'm on a mill site, or in the woods, I have no need for a wallet.  Same goes for here at home.  When I get to a store where I might need my wallet, then I put it in the back pocket.  Most times, I don't even carry my keys. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Brucer

I'm like Jeff.

I always used to carry mine in my back pocket. Back in 1980 a co-worker was having serious back problems so he went to a new chiropractor in town. She watched him walk into her office and before he sat down she told him to put his wallet in his back pocket and come back to see her in a week. By the time a week had gone by his pain had shifted around to a whole new part of his back -- wasn't as bad either. He went for his appointment and she said that now they'd dealt with that complication she could start treating the real problem ;D.

When I heard that I decided to give it a try before I developed serious back pain.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

WH_Conley

George Washington's aren't real hard to set on. :-\
Bill

Sonofman

I never have enough Georges to worry about sitting on them.  :D :D
Located due west of Due West.

pasbonbasile

I am just wondering what all that green stuff is with those numbers on it are? never saw stuff like that.
thirteen- tractors, one combine, no mill yet. Looking for one. Used -to have a wm lt4hdg25
Update 9-27-15 now have WM LT40 Super Hyd. used (1996) but back into sawing. Mostly pine and oak.

LAZERDAN

I got one of these for Christmas, They will not be for everyone,  but they keep the sweat and sawdust away from George.  Any one else ever try one?  I

read the ‎reviews and they are humorous                       Lazerdan

www.alumawalletxl.com/

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: LAZERDAN on May 27, 2013, 11:47:48 AM
      I got one of these for Christmas, They will not be for everyone,  but they keep the sweat and sawdust away from George.  Any one else ever try one?  I

read the ‎reviews and they are humorous                       Lazerdan

www.alumawalletxl.com/

I have tried this. They work good for a while and then the outside metal starts coming off. They still let sawdust get inside.

Dave Shepard

I leave my wallet in the truck. Started that in '96 when I was mowing lawns bouncing around on a commercial mower three days a week. Now, if I sit down with my wallet in my pocket it hurts like heck, can't stand it for even a minute.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Ernie

If I put my wallet in my back pocket, I would crush the moths that live in it every time I sat down.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Sixacresand

I paid ball game parking with a 20 and got 16 ones back in change.  felt like sitting on two billfolds.  After a coke and a hotdog, it started feeling normal again.  I guess I was lucky that my change didn't include a roll of quarters.

MM, yours should be broke in by now. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

ScottAR

Been a front pocket carrier for many years now.  Started when I was going into a concert crowd and kept up the habit ever since.   
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

metalspinner

I'm a front pocket convert, too. my chiropractor mentioned this was the cause of some of my problems.

I have been meaning to order one of these...

http://www.rogue-industries.com/collections/rogue-wallet

and will do so now. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

rmack

lol! money talks, bs walks.  :D

btw, worked with a fellow one time who told me an easy fix for a lot of back issues...

roll your hips forward. sounds odd and looks strange, but it often works for my back.

put your hands on your hips, simultaneously roll your right hip clockwise, left hip counterclockwise, sort of a thrusting motion from your center. somehow it seems to work to straighten the spine and take the pressure off those nerves that get pinched from crooked vertebrae at the base of your spine.

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Thank You Sponsors!