iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No idea!

Started by ancjr, June 04, 2013, 10:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ancjr

Almost dropped another tree on this:

My gut feeling tells me I don't want to drop other trees on this.  :)

mesquite buckeye

You would be right, por que they are yummy. Pawpaw. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

Oh my!  Funny how moving to another county introduces me to trees I've heard a lot about, but never seen!

mesquite buckeye

We have a little patch of them and one single on the other side of a draw. My young at the time nephew loved to whack things with a machete.  I just got out DON'T... and clink, it was down. Took 3 years to come back. He is 32 now and I still give him a hard time about it.   :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ancjr

:o

Well, I have to admit that it does look a little like something you'd whack with a machette if you were clearing a path in a jungle.   :D

VT_Forestry

Yup, it's a Pawpaw!  If you can keep the deer off of them, they are quite tasty :)
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

WDH

They can get rather large.  I have seen them with trunks up to 6" to 8" in diameter near the Great Dismal Swamp in North Carolina. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

OneWithWood

Have a few that fruit every year on our ground.  We call it the 'Indiana Banana'.  Tastes a bit like custard.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

JRod

I love the fruit, but the flowers are pollinated by carrion flies, so you need a dead animal or two around to get any. We've got a ton of pawpaw where I live, but hardly any ever has fruit.

enigmaT120

I used to have one in my back yard (a long ways from home!) but it never bore fruit.  It died on it's own.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

ancjr

I have 1 (one) fruit on the pictured tree.  I showed it to the neighbor and he said he has quite a few of the trees but much as myself, never realized they were the legendary pawpaw that he had heard about since childhood.   :)

SwampDonkey

Your pawpaw is as legendary as our Canada plum. Don't find it too often and I have only seen it in settled areas. I believe it has a lot to do with the soil type and microclimate.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!