iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Barn Raising...

Started by Brian_Weekley, August 22, 2013, 10:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coolrunner

A most excellent job on the shop.  I've got some similar ideas and will be re-watching the videos often.  Thanks for posting.
Kubota M6800, IH434, IH500C, MF130, JDMT,
JD1010, JD410, FarmallA, Belsaw on busframe

addicted

Wow! Is that ever nice
Great job Brian

Brian_Weekley

I got the chance to get up and work on the barn for a few days.  Here's some photos showing the installation of windows on the south side...

Next is to nail more shingles on!
e aho laula

jimdad07

Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Brian_Weekley

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 12, 2017, 11:37:18 AM
8) 8) smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Dennis, can you believe it's been four years since the raising?  Maybe I'll need another four to get this thing done!
e aho laula

terrifictimbersllc

Then you can start on your house!   :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Brian_Weekley

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on September 12, 2017, 07:42:24 PM
Then you can start on your house!   :D

Dennis, funny you should mention that.  I had a topo survey done today—the very first step towards building something else in the future!

e aho laula

terrifictimbersllc

Hey that is great!  One step closer to the dream! 8) 8)

Brian_Weekley

Unfortunately, I was only able to spend one week in Maine this year and only had two days available to work on my barn.  Here's a little update...  Only the back side of the barn has not been finished.  This is because I've been planning to add-on a small addition to this side.  I had a load of fill delivered and moved/spread it all out by hand.  I'm going to let it settle over the winter and compact again next summer before I build another stone foundation for the hip-roof addition.  

Spent most of the rest of time just painting trim.  Note to self:  Don't use rough-sawn lumber for trim--it's much harder to paint!  It always looks a little nicer every time I leave it.  One of these years I might manage to get this thing done!

Beautiful, crisp fall days this week and the colors were pretty much peak!

e aho laula

Dave Shepard

Looks great! I love fall's colors and the cooler weather, but it's a reminder of the cold weather to come. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TimFromNB

Looking great! We are in peak colours here as well, probably one week left!

thecfarm

That sure does look good!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!