iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B20 question?

Started by ND rancher, August 30, 2013, 10:02:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

I have been noticing that the head seems to want to walk or saw back and forth as I go up and down any thoughts?I have checked measurements,sprayed silicone on the posts, lubed screws. The only thing I see is one plastic pad on head has a gap of 1/8". Also checked for loose parts. Any suggestions?      Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Will_Johnson

Um, call TimberKing service?

:)

Sorry I just couldn't help myself. We pay three guys nice salaries to help with stuff like this, though, so I would encourage you (and all TK owners) to make use of this excellent free resource.

Usually this is caused by the pads that are against the posts being out of whack one way or another. So you're on the right track.

I'd suggest a phone call to a TK tech either this afternoon or on Tuesday. We will probably close a little early today but today you'll want to ask for Jason -- Tuesday for Jason or Mike.

Best,

Will

ladylake

Yes make sure the pads aren't too tight or loose, also check the bolts that mount the head to the frame for being loose or broken.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

flip

When they adjusted my head they ran it to the top, set the top pads, put head at bottom of travel and set lower pads.  According to them the posts may have some bow in them and it the guides are set tight to the loosest spot in the travel it will probably bind at the top and bottom. 
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

redbeard

Make sure jack screws are plumb and tight also saw head stays level all the way up and down. If its rocking while your cutting its the drive chain one side has jumped a tooth. Sounds like a good time to re plumb everything.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!