iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydro ax 611EX steering problems

Started by bradyhill1, October 27, 2013, 04:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradyhill1

I recently had a hydro ax 611 ex given to me to try to get back in operating condition.  We are cutting on beds with it and the steering is week on the right turn only, left turn works real good all of the time.  any info will be greatly appreciated........

kiko

Orbital steering or quick steer( steering wheel does not go all the way around)?

bradyhill1

kiko

I assume you said correct on the quick steer.  The steering clys travel in opposite directions when steered but are just teed together, so a Cly problem will show up in both directions even if the problem is only in one Cly. Make sure the linkage to the steering valve is not worn. Find the steering control have and have someone steer the wheel back forth with machine off and make sure the spool is traveling equally both ways . If it is then you probably have a bad port relief which will be located it the spool section of the steering relief valve. There is one on each side(left and right). They can be swapped to see if problem moves and check blown oring.

bradyhill1

I feel stupid for posting now but the linkage needed adjusting

Thank You Sponsors!