iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life Below Zero

Started by Chuck White, November 13, 2013, 06:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Thought I saw my mill on TV last night!

Watching "Life Below Zero" last night, the guy (can't remember his name), but it was the guy who live near Eagle, Alaska was taking his Wood-Mizer LT40HDG24 home!

I was thinking "that mill is going in the drink" before he gets it home!

But, he made it with narry a hiccup!

Even showed him milling some lumber with it!

All in all, it was neat to see!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

A buddy of mine would sure like to have an LT40.  I told him if he gets one, he has to let me play with it.

Chuck White

Warbird, have your buddy keep in close contact with the Wood-Mizer dealer in Anchorage, If they sell a new mill, they may have a used one (trade-in) in stock!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Den Socling

I saw that show a couple weeks ago when that guy was dragging his LT40HD home through the snow. I had to wonder how it was going to work north of the Arctic circle. I have to wonder how any of those people work up there. Cold. No electricity. No running water. No way you would find me up there.

Draco

Quote from: Den Socling on November 14, 2013, 01:25:53 PM
I saw that show a couple weeks ago when that guy was dragging his LT40HD home through the snow. I had to wonder how it was going to work north of the Arctic circle. I have to wonder how any of those people work up there. Cold. No electricity. No running water. No way you would find me up there.

It's really nice in the summer, if you don't mind mosquitoes!  They wear flight goggles and fly in formation up there!  I took a backpack to Alaska in 77.  Had a snowball fight in my shorts, in Denali Park, in August.  Wandered through tidal pools in the Kenai and it was in the 90s that day.  Watched the sun dip behind the tree line and come back up on summer solstice.  Was ready to get out of there by the end of August.  Winter is long, dark and cold.

firecord

How bout the guy that chops all his wood with an ax. thats way past my desire th be next to nature.  i love being in the woods but i love modern tools!!!

Thank You Sponsors!