iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Guy cleans a Deer in a minute and 48 seconds.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 14, 2013, 08:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

giant splinter

roll with it

ron barnes

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

pappy19

He wouldn't be that fast with a buck due to the difference in the bladder scenario, but impressive nonetheless.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

beenthere

I was not impressed with his sticking the knife into the meat, likely contaminating it from the skinning procedure. 
Gutting is much the same for me..

He shows what a sharp knife will do, and that he has the skill to handle it.
Have to wonder how a whole deer ends up in a butcher shop with the guts still intact.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

I took one to a butcher shop several years ago and there were some that just got there that looked like a barrel with 4 sticks sticking out. I would not have touched the meat on them.
Bill

beenthere

Bill
Don't understand what you are trying to say...  ::)

Meat dried out? skinny deer?  Won't touch it for what reason?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

That could be the deal.
No slaughter house around here will take a deer that hasn't been field dressed. May even be a law on the books as such and don't think they can be registered without being field dressed either.
south central Wisconsin

Corley5

A Yooper could do it faster but it would have to be dark  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

pappy19

Quote from: Corley5 on November 14, 2013, 06:53:28 PM
A Yooper could do it faster but it would have to be dark  ;) ;D

You mean just the back straps??? In 30 seconds?? 8)
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Corley5

Whole deer.  A shot in the dark means venison in the freezer  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

okmulch

I would like to ask why field dress a deer back legs up?  We have always hung by neck and then field dressed. That way everything drops out easier. Is there advantages or is it just personal preference?
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

beenthere

I prefer field dressing back legs up, and for one thing, there is less twisting being held at two points instead of one (neck).  That is if I can hang them back legs up which usually is if I can get the tractor and bucket to the deer, or visa-versa.

The other be is starting field dressing with the ring first around the bung hole and tie that off for anything falling out, and removal of the male parts. If heart shot, the blood stays forward and the guts are clean. Just works better for me all around to hang by back legs up.
Then again, in the field, the field dressing is on the ground and I work from the tail forward.

Suspect butchers who slaughter do all the animals with hind legs up so naturally do the deer that way too.

That said, I skin the deer with head tied up, as the hide comes off easier/cleaner and doesn't follow the fly muscles that way.

Just preference over many years doing it many different ways and places.
south central Wisconsin

WildDog

The guy sure is fast.

We tend to do  a lot of the skinning on the ground before swinging it up. I like to cut the brisket while on the ground then when its hung up and the guts are released they can fall straight through, a knife cut each side of the windpipe/jugular and the weight of the guts pulls it straight off.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

ET

It makes a huge difference skinning a deer warm. And butchering a warm deer is also extremely easy. Ive done it too, but i prefer to hang mine till the rigor is gone as long as i have cold weather.  He certainly did it fast but i would not try it. Id cut myself for sure.  I always field dress preferaby with a slight hillside to help.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Axe Handle Hound

I always field dress my deer, but I have heard from old timers that the reason they hung animals from the hind quarters was to keep the blood out of the hams.  Most of the old folks I knew would knock hogs out with a strike on the head, stick the jugular so they would bleed and then quickly raise them up by the hind legs until they drained.  I suspect they proceeded with cleaning and butchering in that position because it would be more work to let it back down and swap ends.  The belief was that excess blood in the hams would make it taste "strong".   Given the way most deer are shot and the massive blood loss that ensues I'm not sure that there's a lot of need for hanging by the back hams unless it helps you control the animal while you work like beenthere suggests. 

Thank You Sponsors!