iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 020t ignition module

Started by wburton, November 15, 2013, 02:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wburton

The wire from the module to the plug crosses through the body. Easy enough to unscrew from the module but can't figure out how to get it out of the saw. Seems locked in. I have the starter cover off and the clutch/chain cover off. Looks like more of the casing needs to be removed. Hints?

Andyshine77

I think you need to remove the clutch and oil pump to remove the ignition wire. The flywheel may need to come off as well. Top handle saws are a different breed for sure.
Andre.

lone wolf

Why cant you just screw the coil wire to the new coil and leave the wire in place? I have done that.
7900                                                               461
200T

Andyshine77

Quote from: lone wolf on November 15, 2013, 06:29:38 PM
Why cant you just screw the coil wire to the new coil and leave the wire in place? I have done that.

You can. I assume the wire is cracked or something.
Andre.

wburton

Figured I'd replace the whole rig.
Not so sure now. I've got half the saw apart. Looks like the wire is in the middle of it all.

lone wolf

Leave it , try what I said if it runs you are good to go if it dont you need to do more but I think it will fix it. Hey is there a Stihl lifetime warranty on coils ?
200T

wburton

Removed more casing and found the plug wire still buried. Looks like the flywheel, clutch, etc (as mentioned above) would have to come off. At that point there is nothing left to take off!
I think I'm just going to replace the module and hope like heck that's all it is.
Thanks everyone.

lone wolf

If you have no spark that prob is the problem. Did you disconnect the kill wire and try try to get spark first?
200T

Thank You Sponsors!