iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where can you buy parts online in Canada?

Started by Miller-Thinner2, December 01, 2013, 09:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miller-Thinner2

I see some great sites to buy saw parts online like the sponsors with great prices. But the kicker is the shipping. Is there a different method for online buying without the huge shipping rates. Maybe a Canadian site? Not the sponsor sites but on an other site I was going to order something that cost $11 and it was going to be about $45 with shipping. I just ended up going to local saw shop.

Also a site for spacing saw parts( thinning saw) Any sites that sell parts for them.

fuzzybear

Cutters choice  has 2 locations in Canada, TO and Edmonton.
    I was in the same boat as you. Except it was $50 for the first pound and $.65 each pound after, just to ship to the Yukon.
   Cutters will send through Canada post and have no hidden charges. I've ordered from them on many times and never had a problem.  The sales staff are always helpful. They have always had what I needed and shipped it the same day.
   Their online catalog is not the greatest, so better to call them. They carry part for cutoff saws, trimmers, just about anything that cuts they have parts for. They have had parts that I thought they would never have and way cheaper than my local saw shop.
FB
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

sawguy21

Welcome to my world. I work for a wholesale distributor and deal with this daily, it's only going to get worse with the dollar dropping.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Miller-Thinner2

sharkey

Cutters also has a ton of stuff in their flyers that I can never find on their website.  Order the flyer at the top and like fuzzy said its best to call.
http://cutterschoice.com/

DDDfarmer

Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

Miller-Thinner2

I just signed up for the flyer glad you mentioned it I never noticed it when I checked out the site

Paul_H

There are some deals on the cutters choice site but I saw several things that can be bought locally a lot cheaper and no shipping in the mix.
A couple years ago a customer came into our shop looking for a recoil assy.I priced it out through Sawyguy21's distributor and the retail cost was $42 CDN.The customer told me that he could buy it on the internet for $27 US so I told him to give it a go and please let me know how it went whether good or bad.
He was good enough to come in a few weks later and reported that the total bill with shipping and expediting was over $60 Cdn.
Just something to watch out for ahead of time.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!