iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hyd. pump 664 clark

Started by graves logging, December 11, 2013, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graves logging

My steering, blade,and wench are not workin very well. Iam guessing its the hyd pump. And is there only one???

treeslayer2003

you have 1 pump for steering and blade, 1 pump to charge the trans. the winch gets pressure from the trans. could be your flywheel gear is about toast, when it goes she won't do any thing.

treeslayer2003

if you have the Detroit, engine tune will effect everything because the converter will stall if the engine can't maintain RPMs. 1900 I believe is stall on those....could be off on that, its been a while. here is an easy way to tell, take out the foot board and run her up against a large tree. floor board it in low, if the wheels don't spin and the jack shaft ain't turning then the converter is in stall.

graves logging

I. Hooked up a log loader to the skidder there. Is. 2 lines with quick conects.   Conects came apart and I did not. Know. So it got the pump that is on the end of the trans. Got extreamly hot. 

graves logging

Maybe its the hyd pump and the charge pump

Mainelogging94

You could have relief or valve issues also?

kiko

Like treeslayer said with the two pumps. A week charge pump would show up on the trans as well. I would say you have two problems.  Low hydraulic pressure from failed main relief or worn pump.  What about hydraulic filter?

treeslayer2003

witch pump is hot? the small or larger one? the small one is the charge pump.

graves logging

The large one I beleave got hot. Just learning now that there is 2. Could b the charge pump cause the other day I just started to drive it and hit the wench and its like it kicked out of gear for a second or two

snowstorm

you have 2 hoses that go to a loader if used? they must be hooked together if you are not using the loader. with an open center hydra system the oil has to circulate

treeslayer2003

Quote from: graves logging on December 12, 2013, 06:05:31 AM
The large one I beleave got hot. Just learning now that there is 2. Could b the charge pump cause the other day I just started to drive it and hit the wench and its like it kicked out of gear for a second or two
it will do that with a heavy load as the winch robs pressure from the tranny. that charge pump is regulated to around 200 psi so it don't take much.
I am unfamiliar with the loader hook up arrangement, what snow storm said makes sense. what year is yer skidder, is it a B model? what engine? pics?

graves logging

That is when all the trouble started the hoses came on hooked and I did not know it was just ideling and. Got reall hot

oldseabee

Charge pressure should be 240/280 at idle with hot oil.

Thank You Sponsors!