TURBOSAWMILL GIANT SALE ON NOW UNTIL OCTOBER 31st

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Wrong Number  (Read 1518 times)

Offline sprucebunny

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Wrong Number
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
One guy I had to point out that when you get a wrong number, hitting 'redial' shouldn't be your first reaction  :D  ::)  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Offline clearcut

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »
On smart phones, you can set which numbers can ring your phone and when they can do so. All others including "private numbers" go to voice mail.

On iPhones, this is controlled by the Do Not Disturb menu in Settings.

On Android, there are apps that can control these settings.

I had one guy call me every few day for several weeks trying to get payment on a contract. He had a private number (I let it roll to voice mail) and never left his number in voice mail. Finally I picked up and told him he had a wrong number. He insisted it was the right number because he had been leaving messages. I eventually convinced him that I was not Jennifer.

Offline red oaks lumber

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
the ones i love, they call the office phone and hear my message stating our company name our buisness hours and so on its maybe 20 second message. they then leave a message from "ya i'd like to rent a cabin for laborday" or " mary this is the clinic your tests results are done"
 dont people listen to the message? or what are they doing while its playing.
 i think my funniest wrong number call was me calling the wrong number. trying to call a customer, left a message on their recorder, couple days went by i called again, this time a guy answers the phone i say "bill " he says no, can i speak with him? he says sure but, not at this number. i say excuse me? he says you have the wrong number. sorry about that. i look at the number i was dialing and thought oh i turned a couple numbers around so , i dial the " new " number, guy answers and he sounded familiar so i said your not bill are you ? he said no but, i wish i was so i could help you out :D
the experts think i do things wrong
 over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »
the ones i love, they call the office phone and hear my message stating our company name our buisness hours and so on its maybe 20 second message. they then leave a message from "ya i'd like to rent a cabin for laborday" or " mary this is the clinic your tests results are done"
 dont people listen to the message? or what are they doing while its playing.
 i think my funniest wrong number call was me calling the wrong number. trying to call a customer, left a message on their recorder, couple days went by i called again, this time a guy answers the phone i say "bill " he says no, can i speak with him? he says sure but, not at this number. i say excuse me? he says you have the wrong number. sorry about that. i look at the number i was dialing and thought oh i turned a couple numbers around so , i dial the " new " number, guy answers and he sounded familiar so i said your not bill are you ? he said no but, i wish i was so i could help you out :D

I like that, sound like something I'd say!  ;D
~Chuck~
Retired USAF (1989), Retired School Bus Driver (2012), and now a Mobile Sawyer
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG2425 Kohler - Shingle & LapSider, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain the Wood-Mizer.
I LOVE MY SAWMILL

Offline Sonofman

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
I had some guy call me about midnight the other week. He asked for Mary. I could not tell if he was drunk, but from the noise in the background, a party was in progrress. I told him he had a wrong number and he appologized and hung up.

About 45 min later, again. This time it was obvious he was drunk.

The third time, he was really drunk and got mad that I would not put her on the phone. I blocked his number then.

On my android, which is my company phone, if someone calls and I do not recognize the number I do not answer. If they do not leave a message, I figure telemarketer. If they do it twice, I block the number. On the android, if it is blocked, it does not even ring. I like that.
Located due west of Due West.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Randomly Freaky Wrong Number

Started by Jeff on General Board

13 Replies
Last post July 08, 2015, 08:43:55 AM
by maple flats
xx
Talk about wrong place at the wrong time

Started by crowder888 on General Board

19 Replies
Last post May 11, 2009, 05:41:17 PM
by Chico