iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baked Brie

Started by warren46, December 29, 2013, 09:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

My wife and I like cheese - most any cheese.  Maybe its because I was born in Wisconsin ???

We had a couple of wheels of brie in the refrigerator in the garage and I decided to try something different - Brie En Croute.  I got out Betty Crocker and made a batch of sweet roll dough.  After it had raised I rolled it into a circle a bit larger than the brie.  I spread the dough with soft butter and sprinkled it with brown sugar, pecan halfs and and dried cranberries.  The brie was placed in the center of the dough circle and then covered with more pecans and cranberries.  I folded the dough over the brie and baked.

It tasted as good as it looked (notice the use of the past tense  ;D)  It did not have a chance to get cool.

Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Paul_H

That looks really good  8)
Carla loves baked Brie alongside a whole bulb of garlic,also baked.She made some the other night and for survival sake I had to have some too. Going to send her this link right now.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Higgins

That looks amazing! Yum!

RynSmith

I'm usually in the 'make it from scratch' camp, but a former boss of mine was a one-trick pony when it came to entertaining:  baked brie in Pilsbury crescent dough!  You can do a whole wedge or in bite-size pieces.  Not as pretty as warren46's, but not too shabby for a last minute dish.
8)

Ernie

That looks even better than my beer battered deep fried brie or camembert.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

drobertson

Yep, has to be good 8)  been years since Hickory Farms for me, way back, but I know it is good.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!