iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home Free on Sing-Off, LOW note!

Started by SawyerBrown, December 30, 2013, 10:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

This topic is way out there, but I can't stop thinking about it ...  Wonder if anybody else likes a capella music, and so has been watching Sing-Off?  The typically country/western group that won this year is called Home Free, and they have a base that hit a low F# in their rendition of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire".  Here's the YouTube link if you care to listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qhx6tNzmiw

Warning: if you crank this up on a speaker system, make sure anything on shelves is securely fastened down!

I've done quite a bit of a capella singing, I'm the base ... and this guy is still a full HALF OCTAVE lower than I can sing.  Un-believable!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

red oaks lumber

i see why they won ! i love watching that show.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SawyerBrown

Yeah, I can see why they won too, but there were some awesome groups on there too.  Those high school kids ... oh my.  SO much talent!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

red oaks lumber

its fun  listening to people that can sing, i love music very much but, i couldn't carry a note even if was in my pocket :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

PC-Urban-Sawyer

The choir director used to tell my Dad, who was the Preacher, that he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, even if it had a lid on it...

He also told my Dad that he should try to sing ten-or... ten or twenty miles away!

And one Sunday morning he told Dad he had finally figured out what method of singing my Dad used. He said Dad sang by "Letter" , that is that just opened his mouth and let 'er fly!

My Dad sure sang good... good and loud.

Herb

Warbird

That is simply unbelievable.  Impressive.  I'm going to play it on the church sound system during practice and see how it sounds on 4 18" subwoofers.  ;D

SawyerBrown

Probably should come with a warning: "May cause structural damage."   :D

beenthere

Here is one group where the tenor holds a note... for a long time.
Sound quality not the best for this group.

http://www.wimp.com/singnote/
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

martyinmi

Wow! Just a tick over 30 seconds. My 11 year old and I just tried to see how long we could hold a note. I managed 12 seconds, he got 16.
That actually hurts when you exhale that hard for that long! smiley_fused_bomb
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

SawyerBrown

While it sounds impressive, it's much easier to hold a high note than a low note.  Guess it has to do with the amount of air you have to pass over the vocal chords to make them resonate, low notes take a lot more air.  Try your contest again with different pitches.

Thank You Sponsors!