iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack Snow Removal

Started by shamik, January 20, 2014, 08:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamik

My '68 out of the warm barn into the never ending snow!!!!

Woodboogah

Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

goose63

Man shut that door and turn the heater on
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

coxy

nice looking jack ;D and you can keep the snow :snowball:

mad murdock

Shamik, that is one nice TJ you got there!  What's all that white stuff in the pic?? ;D We have had a cooler than normal winter here on the left coast, but not too much of that stuff this year.  Been a dryer than normal winter thus far.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Precision Firewood & Logging

David-L

Nice jack, what kind of planetaries. Looks to be a 208 or 225? what do you have for a powerplant?

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thecfarm

I would think you would want the ground to be frozen before plowing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lynde37avery

good looking machine. whats the specs?
Detroit WHAT?

beenthere

Quote from: thecfarm on January 20, 2014, 07:42:53 PM
I would think you would want the ground to be frozen before plowing.  ;D

:D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

shamik

shamik

Quote from: David-L on January 20, 2014, 07:34:16 PM
Nice jack, what kind of planetaries. Looks to be a 208 or 225? what do you have for a powerplant?

David l
Thanks, it's a 200H and it is a 172 gasser

shamik

Quote from: cutter88 on January 21, 2014, 01:26:26 PM
great looking old jack!!!
Thanks cutter88 and everyone else for your comments!!

lumberjack48

I bought a new tf in 1968, basically the same running gear, i had the model 9 gearmatic. The 172 Ford is a tough motor, and easy on gas.

Heres a picture, i was 20 yrs old,

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Maine logger88

LJ48 if you don't mind me asking what did the tf cost new?And nice looking tj shamik! is the 200h similar to a 205?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lumberjack48

The tf was 9,500. delivered, 20 cd a day machine, in nice Aspen on flat ground i could pull 30 cds, its all about method. Work with the skidder, turn  for turn, with the feller helping hook, the skidder has to be moving to get wood out. My saying was 10x10, 10 turns by 10 am, that was my goal every morning.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

beenthere

LJ48
Any idea where that TJ may have ended up over all these years?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lumberjack48

No i don't beenthere, i wish i had a 100 of them.

Maine logger88

Man too bad you couldn't still buy a new skidder like that for that even triple that now would be a bargain! Wow I wish that I could pull 20crd per day sounds like you could really move some wood! How big of twitches did you pull?

cutter88

not real fermilliar with the crd system we always use metric ton about hominy trees is  cord to me a cord is a cord of fire wide 4'x8' 1 face cord
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

David-L

nice looking C-4. wish they still made machines like that. everything is always bigger these days. But not better IMO. Brothers C-5, 1970 i think with a 353 screamer. 

David-l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

shamik

Quote from: Maine logger88 on January 21, 2014, 07:20:59 PM
LJ48 if you don't mind me asking what did the tf cost new?And nice looking tj shamik! is the 200h similar to a 205?
As far as I know, there is not a whole lot of difference in them.  For my machine, for the size, it is a real work horse.

Maine logger88

Yeh the timberjacks  are definitely a workhorse! Did you paint yours or buy it fixed up like that?

SwampDonkey

That tree farmer is the same model machine dad bought in the 70's, used, after he sold the horse. Worked well on the farm. Gas motor, always turned over when needed. Dad sold it about 17 years ago and the guy used it first for clearing off his new house lot. The thing hauled potato trucks, farm tractors, potato harvesters and transport trucks out of muck holes and ice. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Always had to use cords around here because anyone a little older than me refused to learn metric at all. If you handed anyone a scale for metric tonne or m3, they said what the heck is that in cords. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!