iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ladies "Tool Box"

Started by Magicman, February 04, 2014, 02:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

All women need their own tool box with everything needed to "fix stuff".  Life changes and one Daughter was without her own tools, so this morning I set about to remedy that situation.  She now has her very own tool carrier which contains a hammer, 12' rule, screwdriver set, crescent wrench, wire cutters, longnose and adjustable pliers.  Also there is an assortment of nails, screws, hangers, anchors, etc.

She will be pleased.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats great Magic and a thought of love.....well done.
However, MY wife couldn't figure out how to get the tools out of the compressed plastic packing. :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

My sister lived alone in a townhouse when she was about 25. One day she ran over the extension cord of her electric mower. No problem. She grabbed her tool kit, and proceeded to splice the extension cord and tape up the splice. At this point her next door neighbor came out and stared in amazement. She looked up and said "I grew up with 5 brothers."  ;)

thecfarm

Where I use to live was a widow next door. She had her own tool box. She did not know how to use anything in it,but when I went over to do something,I did not have to bring a bunch of tools over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

PatD keeps her tool box in her car trunk.  It has bailed me out more than a few times, but I gotta always put everything back.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sprucebunny

I'll bet you could get a great deal on a cordless saw/drill combo and really empower her  ;)

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Tammy probably has a better tool box than I have, and I can tell you DO NOT BORROW HER CRESCENT WRENCH AND USE IT FOR A HAMMER!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sprucebunny

Ya, some of us are serious about tools and have more than one container of them  ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

clww

My wife has a collection of tools she uses. I bought her some more to add to the collection a few years ago, and a bag to carry them in.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Den Socling

I bought a tool box and an assortment of tools for Patti several years ago. There is one problem. If she sees any loose tool, it goes into her box. Anything like hardware goes in, also. She needs a bigger box.

Jeff

Tammy has a pretty good eye for tools. For Christmas this year she got me a  Craftsmen universal max axess tool set. I'd never seen the pass through socket design before. I've used it several times already and it is outstanding. It was a great present.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-85pc-universal-max-axess-mts/p-00937698000P
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pineywoods

My daughter has her own tool box, kept in the kitchen closet. Number 2 son, observed his dad "borrowing" a tool from daughters tool box (he has his own but hers were handy), chided his dad, "Dad you really need to keep your grubby hands out of mom's toolbox. She says you don't put them back"  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

scsmith42

Laureen too has her own set of tools that she uses around the house and barn.  She calls them her "Scott in a box"  :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Klicker

I have bought Sue a couple of sets of tools. She complaines when I lose some or don't put them back so I get her another set. I have my own but hers are always handy becouse she keeps them in the same spot. :D
2006 LT 40 HD

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: scsmith42 on February 04, 2014, 06:48:43 PM
Laureen too has her own set of tools that she uses around the house and barn.  She calls them her "Scott in a box"  :D

I keep a roll of "SCOTT IN A BOX" in my Fire Truck......well, you know......just in case.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

julio

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 04, 2014, 07:38:13 PM

I keep a roll of "SCOTT IN A BOX" in my Fire Truck......well, you know......just in case.  ;D
You don't never know when its time 8) 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

justallan1

A few weeks back my ex-sometimes girlfriend and I had the discussion of her tools getting put away when she says, "Don't worry about them, I have keys to your house and all your trucks, I'll just get what I need!"
Believe this, hers get put away!

Allan

blackfoot griz

Quote from: Jeff on February 04, 2014, 06:03:37 PM
Tammy probably has a better tool box than I have, and I can tell you DO NOT BORROW HER CRESCENT WRENCH AND USE IT FOR A HAMMER!

You too?
I am still hearing about it two or so years later.  Funny thing is that I don't even remember what I was whacking on with her fit all...it's just that...well...it's HER fit all. :D

I hit whatever it was and mushroomed in the threaded opening to that instead of going up to a 1 1/4" opening it only goes to around 5/8"...I offered to try to fix it-or replace it-or give her one of mine...none of which will do!

Magicman

Quote from: sprucebunny on February 04, 2014, 05:59:44 PM
I'll bet you could get a great deal on a cordless saw/drill combo and really empower her  ;) 
Pat has her own cordless drill set, but alas, when she needs it the batteries are generally down.   :-\  I charged both of them last night.

r.man

My daughter has a large tool pouch and quite a few hand tools but I am starting to gather up a full set of things I think she will use but not acquire herself like a chalkline, carpenters square etc. She finally bought her own cordless drill because I was too slow.( I was waiting for a birthday) I won't do that again, she needs a jigsaw so I think I will get her one like mine and call it a half birthday present so she can have it right away.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

LaneC

My wife is easy to buy for. All she ever wanted and used is a hammer. If she can't fix it that  hammer she blames me for not buying a bigger hammer for her :D
Man makes plans and God smiles

sandhills

I don't know what you guys are talking about!  You're trying to tell me a crescent wrench isn't a hammer/pry bar/fit anything you can beat it onto?!?!  I need more tools I guess  :D.  My wife has her tools too but I think they would fit in better with the thread "junk drawers not to be cleaned out" (yes we have several)  :D.

Brucer

When my daughter left home I bought her a tool box and filled it with all the basics you'd need to fix/install stuff in an apartment. It got well used and still is, 20 odd years later.

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 04, 2014, 02:58:05 PM
... However, MY wife couldn't figure out how to get the tools out of the compressed plastic packing. :D

And your point is  ???. Can anybody figure it out?

A couple of years ago my favourite mail-order tool supplier offered a special set of "scissors" that were designed to cut open those clamshell packages. And guess how they were packaged ::).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

scsmith42

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 04, 2014, 07:38:13 PM

:D :D :D  Nice play on words!  If there are any FF members that have a need for a lot of those rolls, I'm sure that you're at the top of the list... ;D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!