iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

36" bar for Mcculloch pm1000/partner P100

Started by davefrommd, June 14, 2004, 06:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I have a mcculloch PM1000/ Partner P100 chainsaw (100cc 6hp) and I am looking to buy a 36" bar for it. I contacted madens and they sell stihl & husqvarna replacement parts and they didn't have anything for me.

Does anyone know where I can order a 36" bar for my chainsaw. Some bar listings only go up to 28". My other chainsaw is a mcculloch with a 28" bar and another mcculloch with a 20" bar. I want the 36" bar for the larger trees I come across from time to time.  Thanks in advance for your help. Dave

Kevin

I think that's the standard longest length bar for that saw ...28".
GB will make anything you want.

davefrommd

Kevin, I looked it up on the chain saw collectors corner and it list 36" as the longest bar for the pm1000. My PM 10-10s (57cc) manual lists a 28" bar as the longest for this chain saw.

Do you think a 36" bar  is getting to be to long for a chain saw that may be used occasionally. I just cut firewood for my brother and his wife and for our family and sometimes the neighbors. I cut about 15-20 trees a year anywhere from 12" to about 36" diameter. Thanks for your input. dave

Ianab

Hi Dave
I'd say the saw would handle a 36" bar OK, but do you really need one?
Felling 36" trees with a 20" bar is no big problem, especially if your saw has plenty of power, and when you are mucking around with limbs and smaller trees you aren't wrestling with a big unwieldy bar.
I'm looking for a saw / bar combo (36") at the moment to handle the bigger softwoods, but thats for 50"+ stuff that is currently laughing at our little 20" blades  >:(
I'd still use my 310 or preferably my mates 038 for 90% of our sawing work because they are lighter and easier to handle.

thats my 2 cents anyway  ;)

ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kevin

What I meant was the longest bar in production .
If the saw has good bar lube output it should handle a 36" bar.

davefrommd

I don't really need a saw with a 36" bar. I guess because I got a hold of a bigger chainsaw I'd also add a longer bar. Usually when I cut trees for firewood I have all my chainsaws gassed up and ready to use. Once I make the cuts using the longer bars I switch over to my other chainsaws with lets say a 20" bar. That's the way I cut firewood. I do go overboard at times when buying tools which is why I wanted to hear everyones suggestions. Thanks again  dave

Thank You Sponsors!