iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flight MH 370, the missing Jumbo Jet..

Started by chain, March 10, 2014, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Wonder what caused the oil slick that was originally spotted?  I wonder if a sample was taken to analyze to determine if it was jet fuel?

Maybe the plane had the capability to dump fuel as a diversion tactic?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

I read or heard somewhere that the slick was not aircraft related.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

LeeB

The pictures I saw of it did not look like a fuel slick. Much heavyer than that. Looked more like, and I hate to say this, something from drilling ar somebody blew their bilges. Fuel slicks will be shiny and multi colored, or at least that is my experiance.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DeepCreek

Quote from: Magicman on March 12, 2014, 09:46:01 AM
Wonder what caused the oil slick that was originally spotted?  I wonder if a sample was taken to analyze to determine if it was jet fuel?

Maybe the plane had the capability to dump fuel as a diversion tactic?

The Vietnamese recovered a sample and sent it to a lab. They reported it be something other than jet fuel or lubricant, according to press reports.

NWP

I read they now suspect it flew for hours after the transponder quit. The engines automatically upload data while in flight an this is how they figured it out. The transponder doesn't get turned off and the plane gets flown for several more hours on accident. It's somewhere. And probably not at the bottom of the ocean    If you wanted to steal a plane, make them search millions of acres of ocean while you land it somewhere far away. Great diversion tactic.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

Brucer

I read that, then I read that Malaysian authorities denied it.

The latest (from a US official) is that Boeing has a satellite data service to monitor aircraft function (for a fee) but that Malaysia airlines didn't subscribe to it.

The plane's system was automatically pinging the satellite but without the subscription, no actual data was sent. The ping signal went on for 4 hours after the last communication. All the official can say for sure is that the Boeing transmitter had power during that time.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Chuck White

Just read on FaceBook that the plane was found and it is located over 2,000 miles off-shore and THERE ARE SURVIVORS!

Edit:  Can't be true, read another post and it said the plane was found in the Bermuda Triangle!  :-\

Just don't add up!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chain

I can speculate with the best of 'em. What if terrorists were on board, they introduced a chemical that neutralized everyone within minutes, except the terrorists. The terrorist turns off all communications and flys the jet over ocean until engines fail, mission accomplished.

The  purpose is to put fear into the commercial aviation industry knowing the cause will not be known for a long time.

I hope I'm terribly wrong.

bedway

I think our government or others know whats happened to to it and its a terrorist situation and their trying to figure out how to deal with it.

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

bedway

The one that hasnt been president,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yet!!!!!! :D

terry f

Nice to think it landed somewhere and they are all alive, but just not probable. Its a big ocean and I'm afraid that's where it will be found soon.

5quarter

I haven't followed this too closely, but I feared from the beginning that the plane was commandeered...a terrifying prospect. As bad as it sounds, I was and am still hoping that the plane somehow took a nosedive into the ocean and is gone.A tragedy certainly, but the alternative is unthinkable.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Freedom6178

I haven't followed this to closely but if the Maylasian Air Force suspected terrorists could they have shot the plane down and made a story that the plane changed coarse after the transponder stopped? I hope not but it could have happened..
------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

chain

The Malaysian authorities seem terribly inept in reporting all information, fortunately I think they're out of the main picture now and we have much more responsible and less political entities involved.

But, what about the crew, the stewards, and those more than two hundred innocent passengers flying nowhere for several hours. Were they all incapacitated by some form of gas ? No contacts by personal cell phones. Did the perpetrator turn off the oxygen and heating, then fly up to 45,000' to make sure no one could survive?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They have already reported that if you called their cell phone.....it would ring......but the phone itself would not ring because of the altitude of the plane away from the cell tower.

I'm believing, like you said chain.....the oxygen was turned off and the plane went to 45,000 ft.....it would then be "seconds" for the passengers to go right to sleep and die.

Now, when the plane went back down to 23,000......it is possible the dead were thrown out to sea or left on the plane.

But I am sticking to my first thoughts that this plane is on the ground somewhere. It was landed by at least 2 well educated terrorist who knew the operations of this plane blind folded. Pilots, and everyone else are gone.

We hear people complaining all the time how Government can take satellite and zoom in on the earth and read your tag number or can see what your eating........why can we not look for this plane in the same manner? The U.S. may be. It was reported that we (the U.S.) probably know more than they can tell and I believe that.

For the last 3 days I've keep hearing the subject UFO coming up.......No comment.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ianab

There are only a finite number of places where that size plane could have landed (in one piece)  Even less where it could be landed AND hidden. Maybe 5 in the whole of NZ? You can bet that satellites have taken snaps of those places to check, even if the locals haven't looked over the fence and tweeted about the new plane there. Hijack / piracy gone wrong? Crew gone off the deep end? Sounds most likely. But I still think it's now in bits at the bottom of the ocean.

State sponsored terrorism? Doubt it. Anyone with the resources to pull that off could just charter a commercial jet anyway.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good point of view Ian. This whole tragic event is probably a movie in the making.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Sure gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about all the flying I do.  :(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 16, 2014, 03:02:55 PM
Good point of view Ian. This whole tragic event is probably a movie in the making.
Don't you know it,  I can't help but think about what it must have been like when Amelia went missing,
albeit a totally different situation, tragic all the same,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POC

And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

NWP

I just read that the last voice transmission was made after the transponder and tracking devices were turned off. Weird.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

drobertson

the more I see on the news and what I've read on this, I almost hate to say it seems like a conspiracy of some sort.  How could it be so perfectly disguised? No contact from anyone, the pilot's keen understanding of the plane, not that all pilots don't have the same,  but this is a strange case, almost like they were hired to ditch and bale out, who knows, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

giant splinter

I just hope they find the aircraft and that everyone is ok
roll with it

Thank You Sponsors!