iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winch identification

Started by Rybo, April 11, 2014, 06:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rybo

Just bought this skidder a while back.  W

ould like to identify winch.  The winch is not original to skidder.  Really up the creek since a part is missing off the inner brake slave cylinder.  Any help would be greatly appreciate it. First time adding pictures.  Lets see if I can get the hang of it.

coxy

Birchwood Logging

Is it pto driven or hyd driven
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Birchwood Logging

Has the right side cover been made for it dose it look factory. Kinda resembles an old gearmatic on a John Deere 1010 dozer
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

mad murdock

Looks like maybe a Braden winch. I have a gearmatic 8A on my skidder. I think the JD 1010's had an 8A also.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Rybo

Winch is pto driven and I am pretty sure side covers are factory from what I can tell.  Name plate is missing but there is a stamp.      STW•15
Stamp would have been under nameplate.
Really do appreciate any kind of help. If some more pictures will help or anything else just let me know and I'll do my best to get it.

Rybo

Thanks to Mr. Fontaine at Davco I think my winch has been identified. We believe it is a gearmatic model 21 off of a 220 Massey ferguson. Seems to be a rare machine and winch. If any one can second it would be appreciated. Still missing some parts off of Inner brake adjustment. Maybe someone knows where I could find them.  From what I understand this winch has been orphaned so maybe difficult to find. If any one has a breakdown or knows where one can be found I'd be tickled pink.  I've come to the conclusion that they may have to be fabricated. I've contacted agco who owns Massey now but haven't heard back from them yet.
Happy Easter to everyone. Hopefully you will be filling your belly's with some ham this weekend.

chester_tree _farmah

Davco is awesome. We r lucky to have them. Glad u figured it out. I am going with thick rib eyes off the grill. Yeah.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

treeslayer2003

somebody had some pics of a massy winch on here, maybe someone better at this can post a link?

Ohio_Bill

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Rybo

Just wanted to make a final correction on my winch identification question. Especially  since I use this site as a reference to my questions. The winch I was trying to identify above is a tugmaster 30.   Thanks again to all those that helped. Pretty darned happy to finally know what I have for a winch.

chester_tree _farmah

Glad u found out Rybo and thanks for the update. May help another sometime.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!