iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flipping Timberjack Rims

Started by TheDirt, May 19, 2014, 09:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirt

I was looking at the specs on my 240c and saw that there was an option for a 23.1-26 narrow track (102" wide)  and 23.1-26 wide track (113" wide). I apparently have the wide track. Anyone know if you can just turn the rims around on those, or did they have different rims all together?

Southside

Don't know if its the same or not but we have reversed (left to right) wheels on a combine to narrow up the overall width. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

TheDirt

Right, thats what I'm looking to do, go left to right so my tread would still be going the correct direction.
Took at sec for me to realize why that would make a difference. thanks Southside logger

Neilo

My D series rims are countersunk on both sides so the nuts would seat OK either way round. Check that and the clearance to the butt pan before you start. Valve will obviously end up on the other side to what you currently have.

Neilo

HiTech

Did that to my C4 and made it a wide sure footed, stable little beast. lol I think it is about 8' 9" from outside tire to outside tire. That is pretty wide for a little C4. A friend has a nice 540 B Deere and I think I am almost a foot wider. He has 18.4 x 34 on his and and i have 18.4 x 26 on mine. He complains about it being a little tippy. I told him to change the tires around like I did and he says he doesn't think he can. I guess because of rim design. I haven't looked at it that close. I told him I know the centers can be cut out and re-welded in. I know a little wider has really helped me. It also gave me a little more room getting on and off.

ga jones

I flipped a set. They were not countersunk on both sides. Used a mag drill  with a large drill bit and just cut a little out.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!