iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weekend firewood pics

Started by RKH Logging, May 25, 2014, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

three 10 hour days. 2 gallons of bar oil and 5 gallons of gas and 1 sore back. enjoy cause i didn't!!

Corley5

My back aches just looking at the pics  ;D :) :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

RKH Logging

Yea not only the sore back i also got the first sun burn of the year.  Its was 75 and sunny all weekend.

beenthere

How many gallons of water did you drink??   ;D
Nice job, but extra work just digging out those logs under the blocks (or are they still under them? ).

About 10 cords?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

chester_tree _farmah

Cool pic with the fox.  Hoe did u catch him in a pic?
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

coxy

nice     you can just split them in half  and put them in front of my wood shed ill pile it later :D :D 8)    they don't bust your chops about that big tank in the back of your truck they would here they would impound  your truck and give you nice striped coveralls to where  they broke mine with a 110gal tank with no stickers on the truck and some other kind of paper work forgot what it was called so I went to a 50gal tank if I am going to be there cutting awhile I put up a 275 tank and have a fuel truck fill it at the job  ;D

RKH Logging

There is around 40 face cords in that pile.

As for the tank question. I have never been bothered about the capacity of it or whats was in it. I have a chum who has a 775 litre tank in his pick up.  I know they like to dip ur pick up truck more often to make sure your running clear diesel, if you have a tank of colored in the back. I think my tank just looks big but thier is a 48" job box in front of it.  Mine is about common around this area.

RKH Logging

I drank probabley 2 litres of water a day. It was killer hot out. Im not a heat person.

The foxes around my place are real friendly if i had a hand full of dog food he would have came right to me. He was sleeping on the logs when i got there in the morning.

Ken

Semi seasoned sugar maple will sure make that husky and the operator work.  It will however make some beautiful firewood when its all processed.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

thecfarm

That was three days of hard work. And than some.
I use to cut down the trees here for my wood and then have it trucked to my house. But I use to work on it just for a few hours each night after work. Made it easy,but what a mess on my lawn. I lived where the houses was built on about 250 foot lot each way. They probably got tired of the chainsaw running. Than I started to cut it here and leave the mess behind.
Any fox around here is usually gone on sight of me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

47sawdust

I've got a wood pile just like that.I bucked it up in 10 -3 hour days.Jonsered 2163 and a sharp chain almost made it fun.I try to work in the morning  before the sun hits the work area.Next comes splitting with the Super-Split,then stack, then rest.I'm really looking forward to the resting part.
Slow and steady gets it done.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

enigmaT120

10 hour days?  Ugh.  I knew there was a reason I only cut firewood for myself, at least until I retire.  I think 4 hours is plenty.  You got a lot of good work done, though.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Peter Drouin

Cutting is the easy part. Splitting and stacking so it will dry, Is the hard part. :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!