iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally

Started by Ken, July 28, 2014, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Although several weeks behind the anticipated date the new harvester is at a jobsite.  Training with carrier and head reps for next 2 days then "Run Forest Run".

Lots of toys for working in the bush

Firewood dealer

Corley5

8) 8) smiley_thumbsup  Very Nice  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Woodhauler

Quote from: Ken on July 28, 2014, 07:03:41 PM
Although several weeks behind the anticipated date the new harvester is at a jobsite.  Training with carrier and head reps for next 2 days then "Run Forest Run".

Very nice!!! Many happy payments to you ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

there is nothing like new paint. good luck with it. can i try it

deastman

That's one nice looking processor,  hope it works well for you, I'm jealous!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

thecfarm

Lets see it in the woods!! It looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tj240

nice machine good luck with it
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

Stephen Alford

Thats great Ken,  Now if your arm has healed up, there looks to be room in that cab for  a driving golf club. You can stand out on the lags and practice your drive every couple of hours.   ;D
logon

Southside

Sweet, makes me jealous, except for payment day!!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

703 with a Waratah head? Nice machine!
Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Thats a sweet machine, congratulations.   8)

Ken

Quote from: snowstorm on July 28, 2014, 07:41:18 PM
there is nothing like new paint. good luck with it. can i try it

Come on up.  Run it all the hours you want.  Pays not great but happy hour is fun.
Hope to get a few trees run through the head later today.

Quote from: Stephen Alford on July 28, 2014, 08:55:01 PM
Thats great Ken,  Now if your arm has healed up, there looks to be room in that cab for  a driving golf club. You can stand out on the lags and practice your drive every couple of hours.   ;D

Not much room in the cab of these small harvesters.  Unfortunately there will be no golfing for me this year.  Injury still has a lot of healing to do.  Probably would be a good spot to practice though because I'm usually in the woods anyways.

1270d

Nice to see it finally came.  8)  is your trainer shamion? how different is it to run than the 762?

Jamie_C

What size Waratah head did you put on it ? I love the 622B on the machine I run.

Ken

Quote from: 1270d on July 29, 2014, 06:28:32 PM
Nice to see it finally came.  8)  is your trainer shamion? how different is it to run than the 762?
The trainer is Guy.  He's from Quebec as our local trainer is on vacation.  Only put a few trees through yesterday so its hard to compare yet. 

Quote from: Jamie_C on July 29, 2014, 08:24:49 PM
What size Waratah head did you put on it ? I love the 622B on the machine I run.
It's got a H480C.  The 600 series heads are quite common on those carriers on some locals but I cut a lot of small diameter wood and I thought they would be overkill.  I've heard the 622's are very dependable.

barbender

I'm just curious if you considered a rubber tired harvester, and what guided your decision to go with the big track carrier with the smaller head?

SPForesrty

Nice Machine .  I have a H480C head on a 1270E .  Good working head. I am sure it will work well on the 703.   

Ken

Quote from: barbender on July 30, 2014, 01:52:22 PM
I'm just curious if you considered a rubber tired harvester, and what guided your decision to go with the big track carrier with the smaller head?

I did consider wheeled harvesters but they are considerably more $$$$.  With respect to the carrier the 703 is a small carrier compared to many and I cut a lot of small diameter wood so I think the 480 is a nice fit.  It is equivalent to the Ponsse H6 or Logmax 6000.

barbender

I see, I didn't realize they were more money. The 703 isn't cheap either, as you know better than anyone ;) Is yours brand new, Ken?

Ken

Quote from: barbender on August 01, 2014, 09:08:20 AM
I see, I didn't realize they were more money. The 703 isn't cheap either, as you know better than anyone ;) Is yours brand new, Ken?

A comparable spec'd rubber tired machine was at least $100K more.  Mine is new.  First scratch today.

clww

Congratulations on your new toy. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jamie_C

Sounds like a great combo for smaller wood. So far this year I am averaging 0.08 cubic meters for stem size, certainly not big wood but we do occasionally get into some big ugly wood that the 622B really shines in.

Would love to try out your new toy to see how it compares to other harvesters I have ran.

barbender

You see the 703 with the bigger head quite a bit up here. I've never gotten to work around one, I would like to see one in operation. It seems like most operations that are using them harvest a lot of large aspen, that's why I was surprised to see Ken go with one for smaller wood. Just not what I'm used to, that's all ;) Ken, what does that bad boy weigh?

Maine logger88

Nice looking machine! What did you have before this
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!