Shipping costs

Started by Gary_C, September 05, 2014, 12:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

I just ordered a value pack and the shipping by UPS could be almost as much as the product itself. Can the product be shipped by mail? The parcel post seems to be much cheaper though a little slower.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Tam-i-am

I had a salesman from the USPS come in to look at Bluecreeper.  He told us after looking at the MSDS that Bluecreeper could not go through the mail.  However, putting those 1 oz oilers was ok.

So Jeff fixed the BC website to force the shipping of those to go US Mail.

Our website quotes every order and that is what it costs me to ship those. We do not ship out enough stuff ground to get the discounts big retailers get. :(
My goal is to get dealers to carry the BC to eliminate those costs.  So keep bugging your local retailers to carry it. ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tam-i-am

The value pack allows us the maximum weight of the package which could go for the minimum price I could get from UPS and FedEx.

John Mc

Ouch... that shipping is a killer. I picked up a couple of the 1 ounce precision oilers at the Booneville, NY show. I'm very impressed. I looked at ordering an 8 oz refill bottle, but the shipping really changes the picture.

No distributors in my area. Nearest one is 3.5 hour drive away. What's involved in becoming a distributor? I may try to convince a local tractor/chainsaw dealership to take it up. They're a big Stihl dealership, so they already have a couple of LogRite products (disguised as Stihl cant hooks & peaveys). I also have a friend who runs a local hardware that I can talk to.

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Tam-i-am

It is easy to be a dealer, just need a resale cert and to contact me. ;)

I would love Stihl to carry it and distribute it but haven't been able to convince them of that yet. 

If you want I can contact them.

Tammy

Tam-i-am

Quote from: John Mc on September 15, 2014, 08:36:28 AM
Ouch... that shipping is a killer. I looked at ordering an 8 oz refill bottle, but the shipping really changes the picture.

John Mc - I just met with UPS about a program they have that might help with the shipping costs.  I guess they partner with the post office for a special program for small parcels. 

John Mc

I've had a few packages come that way. UPS delivers the package to my local post office, then the USPS handles the local delivery.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

glassman_48

tamiam,
could you contact me please about becoming a dealer.   kalglass@charter.net    thanks, ed