Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Arborwear

Author Topic: EYE PROTECTION  (Read 1177 times)

Offline ksu_chainsaw

• KSU Wildcats
    • Share Post
EYE PROTECTION
« on: July 29, 2004, 10:04:24 AM »
I know that this subject has come up several times.

Soldiers are now issued Wiley-X brand sunglasses/goggles, usually the SG-1 model.  www.wileyx.com

I love these glasses, except for the fact that in the heat over here, they collect sweat that doesn't drain out.  I really like the fact that the lenses are interchangeable, so at night, i can put in a clear pair, and still have the protection that they offer.

These are also a ballistic lens, and are required wear for most soldiers now.  They have saved many people's eyes from shrapnel that comes from roadside bombs.

I just thought that I should put this information out, and help save somebody's eyesight.  

Charles

Offline etat

• Member*
    • Share Post
Re: EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 03:46:55 PM »
Read this last week.  Thinking how nice a pair of these would be.  Wishing I had listened to you, and myself.

Welding and grinding a stray metal chip bounced around somehow, under  my glasses and fused itself firmly into my ole eyeball.  Unable to remove.

Trip to eyedoctor.  He takes a picture of it on video, askes me if I want to see it.  Tell him that I AM NOT worried about the picture, I WANT IT OUT.  He removes it, said it only left a very small scratch or cut.  Then he keeps insisting so I look at a picture of it.  Saw just what I knew, a small metal chip.  Sure does feel better havin it out though the eye is still tender.  Extremely so.

Now no doubt, I'll take the SG-1 model.  And gonna get me a pair.  NOW, if I could only find the Stargate!!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Offline Frickman

• Senior Member x2
  • Ouch, that hurt!
    • Share Post
Re: EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 07:32:36 PM »
Thanks for the link ksu. One of my gals here could of used a pair of those yesterday. A local college girl helps us pick sweet corn and yesterday she got a small bug in her eye while out in the middle of the field. It was really bothering her so I took a look at it and saw that it had worked it's way over to her tear duct and lodged itself there. A trip to the house and wet Q-tip got it right out. I was thankful that she wasn't injured and gave her the rest of the day off to make sure she was alright. She kidded me on the way to her car, saying she should bring safety goggles next time.

Thank you ksu also for fighting to bring the people of Iraq the freedom we Americans cherish.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Eye protection

Started by Pete50 on Health and Safety

20 Replies
Last post March 06, 2007, 05:02:25 PM
by Pete50
xx
Ear Protection

Started by Woodbender on Health and Safety

17 Replies
Last post November 24, 2007, 08:56:12 PM
by Woodbender