iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got it finally!! franklin forwarder (pics)

Started by timberlinetree, November 01, 2014, 06:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberlinetree

After wanting one for ten years or so and making double payments for almost two years(still owe bank one more year) my day has come 8) 8).

This is it on the KW.

It was really nice to stack the wood next to the splitter!

Not much on just finishing up this job then lots to haul on the next job!

Yesterday was such a nice day! Got the machine, used it and nothing broke,and got a hot dog for lunch at one of my favorite spots! 8) 8)
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Holmes

Congratulations it will be a very useful tool. It looks newish  8)
Think like a farmer.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

David-L

I am psyched for you and Marcia I believe. This will add a new realm to your business. The forwarder looks nice and no breakdowns is what we like.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

logman81

nice machine, looks good and good luck with it,
Precision Firewood & Logging

BargeMonkey

Congratulations. Just watch then you start sitting next to the pile, taking a stick thru the door. They are handy, and you can move more wood easier than just dragging it thru the mud. Being able to stack makes the job nicer, plus looks alot better.  :D

deastman

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 01, 2014, 09:37:52 AM
Congratulations. Just watch then you start sitting next to the pile, taking a stick thru the door. They are handy, and you can move more wood easier than just dragging it thru the mud. Being able to stack makes the job nicer, plus looks alot better.  :D
Ya, be real careful as you learn to run it, you can actually have wood in the cab real quick and unexpectedly! You'll find that the forwarder can do many different jobs and wonder how you got along without it before. Good luck!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

RunningRoot

Jeff.........

That definitely gave me the biggest laugh, which I needed today....  :D
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

luvmexfood

I'm jealous. There was a little store about 5 minutes from my house that made the best hotdogs. Then they closed. I love a good hotdog. 8)
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Autocar

Nice looking machine nothing like making your job better , good luck with it !
Bill

Maine logger88

Just one hotdog? I had 2 hotdogs and a cheeseburger for lunch today lol. Nice looking machine btw!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RunningRoot

Timberlinetree>>>

That is a good looking peace of equipment  :) I would love to have a skidder or frowarder of that year and model...
Now get a little mud on her and she'll be just at home...
A log in the hands worth two in the bush !

lopet

Way to go  8) 8)          I am jealous too    btw
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ed_K

Ed K

chester_tree _farmah

Quote from: RunningRoot on November 01, 2014, 04:41:22 PM
Jeff.........

That definitely gave me the biggest laugh, which I needed today....  :D

Yeah that was hilarious!

Nice forwarder. Glad to see u got her home!
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

barbender

Nice machine! It should be a real asset to your operation  ;)
Too many irons in the fire

timberlinetree

Thanks. I'm starting to learn the controls and thanks for the warning. Think it will take some time before I can pick pocket someone wallet with it :D( I'm an honest guy and would never do that). One thing I do need to clarify is that lunch wasn't just a hot dog, it was a CHILE dog, to big for the bun, steamed so nice and jucy, with ketchup and spicy musturd. $4 for a coke and dog. I'm limited to just one other wise I would be eating them like that Chinese guy in the contests :D. We are really excited to finally have it. 8) thanks 4 the posts!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Maine logger88

79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

chester_tree _farmah

Yeah. Was it a red hotdog? The them's the best. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Thank You Sponsors!