iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

parts made of gold?

Started by snowstorm, November 14, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

i needed to order some bushings. went to the dealer i usually deal with and he ordered them and all is fine. even got lucky cause quadco had them in the us so no extra freight from montreal. i also needed a proximity switch. so he found one for a rolly head. looked the same and it would have worked now comes the price. list is $200 but he has had it forever so will sell for $140. i went to the ponsee dealer there with the tax $51.20........same part   

1270d

Sure doesn't hurt to shop for parts, can save a few bucks in a hurry.

BargeMonkey

Our "semi-local" powerscreen dealer is horrible for parts. Called a place in MA today "R.A Mitchell" and they where on the ball. Deutz-lister and deere. (800) 990-5685  Unless we are in a jam we avoid Nortrax at all cost. Sent our Cat D6D down the road yrs ago because of a snotty parts guy @ southworth. Yeah you would think the stuff is gold plated and made from "unobtanium".  :D

Dave Shepard

Most people think it's CAT Yellow paint, but it's really CAT Gold. :D I went to R.A. Mitchell to exchange the engine on a Reed RD40 screener. Neat place. Got some info for a friend that has a `1909 three cylinder Lister diesel. Pulled out of there parking lot and somebody had stolen the bridge! :o Well, they'd turned it sideways anyway. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WH_Conley

Water pump went out of my backhoe this week. John Deere wants $1500.00 for a new one. $350.00 for the parts to rebuild mine. Local parts store guy said he had one on his farm tractor professionally rebuilt for less than JD wanted for parts.
Bill

chevytaHOE5674

Whats most surprising about that is Ponsse has anything in their shop under 3 digits in price...... ha

Gary_C

Ponsse is not nearly as bad as Komatsu or Cat.

Cat stands for Can't Afford That.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 15, 2014, 09:45:06 AM
Most people think it's CAT Yellow paint, but it's really CAT Gold. :D I went to R.A. Mitchell to exchange the engine on a Reed RD40 screener. Neat place. Got some info for a friend that has a `1909 three cylinder Lister diesel. Pulled out of there parking lot and somebody had stolen the bridge! :o Well, they'd turned it sideways anyway. :D
Spent quite a few nights and way to much money right down from mitchells when ive went to school out there.  ;)  fairhaven isnt to bad, new bedford is a slum.
Deere wanted 1500 for a brand new muffler for an 850B. 300 for a kill cable. They really only want to know you if your buying 5-6 new machines a year. Ive had 0% luck dealing with Nortrax, Southworth Milton has actually gotten alot better. Anderson is getting huge in the forestry equipment game, but im not a komatsu fan.

whitepine2

Michells great people to deal with,have known them for years.they take care of the fishing fleet and give good service. Did you happen
to see the 1-71 they have in the showroom very different I've only seen one other at an engine show. They are about 10 miles from me
and I stop in to visit quite often,they have some old one lunngers in
the showroom as well I have about 40 of them as well.

Dave Shepard

I did not see the 1-71, but would like to have. I have read that there were only about 900 built. I have a friend with a 2-71 genset. They are a little more common. A friend of mine collects and works on single cylinder engines. Two days ago he brought home a Fairbanks-Morse that we think it could be from 1897 or 1898. He had an IHC Famous 20 HP,but sold it recently.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

whitepine2

That F-M must be nice and an older one.I always liked the INT Famous 20 HP real nice. I have a F-M 20 HP Y I think it is about
3 ton's or more as it has the electric flywheels have run it on all
kinds of fuel even drain-oil what a beast but not too much to look at
about 1923-24. I have tun the shingle mill with it with belt on flywheel,it really barks when in the cut. If you go back check out
the 1-71.

Dave Shepard

What kind of shingle mill? Do you need 20 HP to run it? My friend also bought a Chase shingle mill in the same deal. Very complete with extra feed gears and a shingle bundler.

whitepine2

It's a Chase I also have blunder good deal as blunders are harder
to find. O yes 20HP and more the 20 F-M is real horses no ponies.
Those mills run real fast 1000 to 1200 RPM but I don't run mine that fast. It's just for show I also have a shingle cutter for my circle
saw mill but need to put on a thinner blade as too much lost in saw
dust but nice to make shakes as thickness is decided by how much the cradle is advanced and length can be about 3 feet. Power can
be different also depending what saw ya run,how many teeth etc.
much like regular mill more teeth more power.   

snowstorm

i ask the guys at anderson if they are selling anything every time i go in there. always the same answer .....not much.... they did just sell a new chipper to the pine mill just down the road. the chipper is going in the mill. i ordered an overload spring bracket for my f550 yesterday. was told it will be in sat am. it didnt show up. not only did the part not come but neither did the truck that delivers the parts. ford has a warehouse in hartford ct with delivery trucks that run up this way every night

timberlinetree

I think I have gold in my winch? I see it where its leaking a little bit. I had a part coming from Texas and supposedly the plane crashed :-[
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ford_man

A few years ago I had a Relay on my combine the mechanic said was bad. I went to the dealership and was told it was $320 , a red flag went up, I knew that relays do not cost that much, I called Kendel Electric and was told the relay was only $27.00, so I bought It.
splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

snowstorm

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 15, 2014, 01:17:57 PM
I did not see the 1-71, but would like to have. I have read that there were only about 900 built. I have a friend with a 2-71 genset. They are a little more common. A friend of mine collects and works on single cylinder engines. Two days ago he brought home a Fairbanks-Morse that we think it could be from 1897 or 1898. He had an IHC Famous 20 HP,but sold it recently.
power products the detriot dealer in portland had a 1 71 on display years ago. it was a genset used on mt washington

RayMO

Price a complete Deere 440 skidder transmission oil/charge pump if you want to talk golden  >: :o  The mark up is also a big factor on a lot of parts ....
Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Thank You Sponsors!