iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prentice 2432 driveshaft problems

Started by Gadrock, November 17, 2014, 09:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadrock

I have a new-to-me 2432 that just tore out the front drive shaft. Gathering information I understand that the same thing has happened to this skidder 3 time prior.

It does not seem as though there is any alignment issues. Anyone got any suggestions?

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

treeslayer2003

sounds like the yoke is spread or damaged.

kiko

The cradle is more than likely moving around.  I have repaired the cradle pins and bushings on a Ctr 490 which I believe is the same skidder with different badging and Blount owned prentice and Ctr at that time.  The front drive shaft was broken.

Gadrock

As I was onlooking I was not completely aware of the complete situation.

Actually it was the shaft from the transmission to the cnter. Then I realized that the rear center section pillow block was destroying itself.

replacing the yoke and ujoint was 650 plus tax and the two bearings in the pillow block was about 200. A new electronic foot pedal was a tad less than 400 and numerous hoses at about 65 per each...leaves me wondering where the fun part begins.

Then in three hours we hauled and processed 150 tons on the ramp. Trucks to return tomorrow am to bring about a well deserved payday.

david G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Thank You Sponsors!