The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: inventory  (Read 1500 times)

Offline cangel

• Member*
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
inventory
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:15:10 AM »
I am a NE forester who wants to transition from hand tallying and calculation inventory to calling information into my iPhone and downloading into an inventory program using my MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Offline clearcut

• Share Post
Re: inventory
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:31 PM »
Welcome to the Forum cangel!

I'm not familiar with an app that meets all of your requirements, but I can get you close.

There is a web app that I have been using that works great on an iPhone, but does not do voice recognition on the iPhone very well.  Open Cruise is an open source web application available at:

https://opencruise.mtu.edu

Just tap the Biltmore stick and look at the Help section to get started.

I initially had a issue with iOS 8.1  and the developer, Jim Rivard, had it fixed in a matter of hours.

Open Cruise does have a voice recognition feature, however it only works on Android 4.1+. On an iPhone, you can tap the mic on the keyboard and speak the data. At that point it is generally faster and easier to just type it in.

On the App store there is also Plot Hound, but I have not used it. Voice recognition is not noted in the description. I cannot accept their Terms of Service, especially:

You understand and agree that we may use any information submitted or transmitted by you to us, including information collected by you using the Plot Hound™ application and uploaded to us, (collectively, “User Supplied Information”) in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into other works, creating derivative works from it, and promoting and distributing it. Accordingly, you hereby irrevocably grant us perpetual world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use your User Supplied Information for any purpose.

Offline SliverPicker

• Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »
I wouldn't sign that if I was paid.
Yooper by trade.

Offline clearcut

• Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:36:05 PM »
You don't sign it, you automatically agree to the terms if you use their software. Plus, to use Plot Hound, you must create an account on their website and the app transmits all of your data to them. SilviaTerra will summarize it and make pretty graphs.

That's the main reason I recommend Open Cruise. Your data is your data, and I know how to make pretty graphs.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx

Started by Horselog on Sawmills and Milling

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2016, 01:33:26 PM
by paul case
xx
How many bf in your Inventory?

Started by Marc Thornton on Sawmills and Milling

27 Replies
Last post November 26, 2011, 07:28:25 PM
by BBTom
xx