iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha Sawin' ???

Started by Magicman, December 23, 2014, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

No rain today so I finished sawing Monday's job.

20' 2X4's & 2X6's were part of the 720 bf.

I'll be transporting Walnut tomorrow.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Clover

Beautiful wood falconfan nice job. I didn't cut today as it's still muddy from the thawing and 10 hours of rain yesterday. I did do some cleaning under my claw turner. I didn't want to break any hydraulic lines when things froze back up.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on February 08, 2017, 05:12:40 PM
I'll be transporting Walnut tomorrow.   move_it

Transport me some  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishfighter

Kbeitz

I think i got snowed out today...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

47sawdust

Kbeitz,
Saw shed looks good.Mine is buried in 2 feet of snow.Good time for me to be in the shop welding.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Kbeitz

Quote from: 47sawdust on February 09, 2017, 08:00:28 AM
Kbeitz,
Saw shed looks good.Mine is buried in 2 feet of snow.Good time for me to be in the shop welding.

So.... What are you building ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

ChugiakTinkerer

Shouldn't that be... "Watcha buildin'?"   8)
Woodland Mills HM130

slider

So WDH goes to Mississippi and cons MM out of a whack of walnut.Thats what walnut pimps do.Now fishfighter wants to get in on the deal.Pore old MM has his work cut out for him.
al glenn

Magicman

Yup, today was Walnut transporting day.  PatD, Marty, and I left home at 6:00 CST and Danny left home at 5:00 EST so that we could coordinate our rendezvous.  Our meeting place was Demopolis, AL.

OK guys, we have a full trailer here.

And an empty one there. 

So we had better get busy.  Easy for me to say.   :)

This one was 17/4 and I am the only one on my end.   :o

Somebody sawed crooked lumber.  We need to throw these out.

Good help, but notice that I am on top of my job.   ;)

Looking good guys. 

Strapping down time.

A Forestry Forum learned trick for stowing the extra strapping.

Danny makes the final inspection.

Forestry Forum Friends.   smiley_thumbsup

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raym

Dad-Gummit it was red oak.

Here is a little background. The builder I used to work for still contracts me to build a few houses a year for them. One currently underway is a house for "Home for our troops". This organization provides wounded veterans mortgage free houses and seem to be a top notch outfit. I walked the lot with my clearing contractor this past fall and called dibs on the logs from the clearing. There was not a red oak in sight (so I guess one must have grown). I wound up with about 3300 bf of 14" and larger white oak logs (well maybe 3210 now). I even kept the pine logs. Both the oak and pine were very slow growth with very clear tight grain.

I plan on doing something for the homeowners with the wood just not sure what yet.....anyway let me go clear off this black stuff off of my lathe!
'14-LT40 super, nyle l200m kiln, vintage case 480E loader.

It's not the fool that askith, it's the fool that agreeith.

paul case

Marty got the shaft again!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

He spent the day with his Mom and me, I fed him lunch, and then let him drive home.  Spoiled I would say.   ;D

paul case

Well since you mentioned food maybe he got compensated.

Looks like a good time. Anyone give youall trouble for changing lumber on someone else's parking lot?

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Magicman

4x4American

Quote from: slider on February 09, 2017, 04:49:47 PM
So WDH goes to Mississippi and cons MM out of a whack of walnut.Thats what walnut pimps do.Now fishfighter wants to get in on the deal.Pore old MM has his work cut out for him.

Walnut Mogul  :D :D :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

Clover

Picked up six nice spruce logs today. Going to get two more tomorrow and what looks like a white mulberry. Got some nice boards beams and two by twelves so far. Opened up my first couple of pitch pockets today to. Looks kinda like honey only stickier. Lol

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Home made 30 hp sawmill all hydraulic, stihl 026, 170, pioneer 65, John Deere 955 with home made forks. And a whole slew of other tools

WDH

There is a fair amount of walnut sawdust residing on that parking lot  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Briankinley2004

Blue pine again. Got a bunch of this to cut

Clover

That blue pine looks like it would be real nice with a coat of poly on it.

Marty

No trouble, but we did get a lot of curious looks

4x4American

Quote from: WDH on February 09, 2017, 08:34:06 PM
There is a fair amount of walnut sawdust residing on that parking lot  :D .

Did you go hand them a bill for it like a true Walnut Mogul would?  lol
Boy, back in my day..

caveman

Magicman may have to change his theme from "I just saws them and leaves them" to "I just saws them and delivers them halfway, and helps them load them, and documents it with photography". 

It looks like a good stack of walnut.  I suspect Danny was super stoked to be heading back to Georgia with the walnut following him.  It looks like a good time was had by all of the participants.
Caveman

paul case

Quote from: Marty on February 09, 2017, 09:26:17 PM
No trouble, but we did get a lot of curious looks

Like...
''I didn't know you could get that at Walmart??''.

Another reason I try not to go there. No telling who or what you may find on the parking lot. ;D ;D
PC
pc

paul case

Quote from: caveman on February 09, 2017, 09:53:22 PM
Magicman may have to change his theme from "I just saws them and leaves them" to "I just saws them and delivers them halfway, and helps them load them, and documents it with photography". 

Plus.... At the Walmart!

I am really not trying to be funny but you fellas make it easy.
Can you imagine the walmart security trying to hold them up from transfering lumber on the parking lot?

What do you think you are doing ?
What Isle did you get that stuff from?
Do you have the reciept showing you paid for it?
Have a nice day!

BTW really nice blue pine and spruce there Clover and Brian.
PC
pc

Thank You Sponsors!