iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll 'How many leak free years from your boiler?'

Started by chet, December 24, 2014, 11:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

OK Paul,  wont call in mid winter.
After reading all the probs with the eclassics Im glad I didnt get one.
simpler is better.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

maybe some satday ill stop up and check it out maybe reline it before winter cause I know things will go good till the middle of January and -20 then it will start leaking that's what mine always did  ;D

petefrom bearswamp

Would be delighted to have you for a lunch or even a supper.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Randy88

After reading this thread, it appears every brand has issues, is there a brand that doesn't leak eventually??

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

chet

I once had a dealer tell me that he has never had one of the stoves he's sold ever leak. I'm sure this guy was a used car salesman in an earlier life.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

thecfarm

Chet,I betcha he was right.
You was talking to him when he was only selling them for 5 years.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ButchC

Just fired the Woodmaster 4400 for the 12th year. never had a leak and still running the original 011 and 007 TACO pumps,, probably because I bought two spares after year 4, LOL
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Broncorm

Just fired up CB E-2300 for its 7th season and its leaking

PNWRusty

Quote from: Chet on December 24, 2014, 11:32:46 PM
How many leak free years have you gotten from your current or old outdoor boiler?  My mild steel CB has now been in service for 15 years. I run it 365 days a year.

My boiler is inside the house. But it's been running non-stop (summers excluded) since 1957! So over 60 years! Never had a leak. I've replaced the controls twice and the pump motor coupling has been replaced at least twice but electric pump motor and pump are original. Oh, but it's a natural gas boiler!  :D

JasonF

Just sprang a leak on my HS Tarm excel 2200 a week ago.  Rewelded the brace joint and we're good for another hundred thousand.
Tarm Excell 2200, Huskee 35 Ton Hydro Splitter

Grizzly

My Canwood Boiler has now provided me with a small leak that doesn't want to be found but drains a few gallons each day. So it was installed sometime around 1998 and now its 2017. Does that make 19 years? Not bad I guess. I'll need a replacement for spring installation.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

jwh f-100

Wood master 4400 for ten years, year round..

I never put deep well water in it.. Too much iron..

I fill it from a shallow point well I have for my garage or I bail water out of the creek.

Good water = long lasting boiler.
Why buy it when you can build it.

747mopar

Love hearing all of the positive reviews on the Central Boilers, makes me feel better about the one I got coming.

pondmanager2

I've had my CB E classic 2300 since 2008.  I've had endless recalls like many of you know. It sprung a leak several weeks ago and I was able to have it fix by my neighbor who is a talented welder.  It has since sprung another leak (which drained all 5 zones over night out the boiler) that appears less fixable.  Both leaks are where the bricks were before they were recalled to be removed. I spent a total of $20k for furnace, apex piping and installation; that would have bought a lot of oil!  I have called CB and sent them photos but I've not heard back as of yet.

1countryboy

Heatmor 400 and a 200.  No leaks, just do your maintaince.  In service at full capacity for 18 years.
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

thecfarm

I have 2 tractors,but 2 OWB? Kinda like you,a small tractor and a big tractor, a big OWB and a small OWB?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Rebarb

4 years on a CB 5036.....nothing yet other than a few light bulbs.

New sawyer

I was a wood Doctor dealer for a couple of years. They had an issue with a robotic welder not completing a weld on the right upper corner of the door. Mine leaked after 6 years . Welded the door and had no more issues . Replaced 1 blower. 
Life is what you make of it. You own your own decisions.

milkie62

I have a 1995 Central Boiler CL 40. Other than replacing the rope gasket on the door and in need of a new chimney,mine has been fault free and leak free which now has me scared. This is the only heat source that I have for my house. Only paid $4500 back when I bought it so it owes me nothing.

Northern hills

We're on year 4 of our Heatmaster, our previous Wood doctor started to leak after 12 years & totally rotted out after year 14. Hopefully the stainless will last longer, if it doesn't we'll seriously look at European technology wood/wood pellet combos.

MNBobcat

Those of you who have had leaks, did you put corrosion inhibitor in the water?

WWright

milkie62

Another trouble free season is quickly approaching on my 1995 Central Boiler. Hope I did not jinx myself.

talldog

I've had my 2300 central boiler for almost 9 years. It sprung a leak this year right after Christmas. Was able to drain off enough water to fix it with high temp silicone and a sheet metal washer and screw. It's been good since. Being somewhat proactive, I called my dealer inquiring about any factory fixes. He told me it would only get worse and I should follow the warranty rules and jump through those hoops. So, I have a new one that is stainless coming soon. Only costing me about 9 grand! Yes I have inhibitor in the water, but no I haven't been using Ashtrol. Maybe I should have.

Thank You Sponsors!