iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 520 Center Pins

Started by eichenberg93, December 30, 2014, 08:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eichenberg93

Been running the 520 for a few months now and decided to buy it. Signed papers on it a week ago. it came with a parts machine so that's a plus 8)

The question is the center pins are alittle loose. I heard that the center pins in it are some kind of a collapsible bearing. You can just tighten the nut and tighten up the center pins. from what the previous owner said a guy he knew used a wrench and used the power of the turn cylinders to tighten  ??? was wondering if anyone has done this before?

kiko

If the nut is already tight trying to tighten it more with not take any slack out of center section. If the movement is slight you can remove shims from under the plates . Other wise new center pins cartridges.  The pins are a taper fit and that heavy nut torque is necessary at installation.  When I have had one where the nut would not tighten because the whole pin was turning I removed the opposite plate and put a spacer under pin then tighten up bolts , this will force the pin Into the taper and maybe allow tightening of nut.

240b

I use a three foot pipe wrench against the frame to tighten the nut. use the machines steering to do the hard work.. the washer under the cap works like kilo said 

Thank You Sponsors!