The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: old farm trash dump is actually a Farm Pond - clean up help  (Read 6103 times)

Offline kwendt

• Love life, live large, carry a big hammer.
    • Share Post
Re: old farm trash dump is actually a Farm Pond - clean up help
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:44 AM »
Want to have some real fun? Out here anything that old gets designated as an archeological site and must be PRESERVED. ;D

Just turn the archeology govt people loose on the clean water/scs people and watch the fireworks. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball.

Holy heck, it's a 'just' farm, the whole place is historic....it was a working farm prior to the town's 1862 incorporation. Has the same fields, same features as back then other than the neglect and overgrowth.

The 1800's original Farm road runs right next to the ravine.... Built up, like macadam, about four feet, on Dryfit shale and rock hauled outta the fields over 150 years ago. Runs all the way around to the back fields and maybe even farther. Best dang road for miles around: dry, ditched, properly crowned, and big enough for an ox or horse team.. Even has what looks to be old turn outs. Built by hand. Now there's an archaeological site to see! Lol Even overgrown and neglected as it is right now... (But not neglected for long!)
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Offline kwendt

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 12:14:20 PM »
@Crow99 .... Yes I'll want the back 40 in Tree Growth tax program still, I think. That forest management plan is much less detailed. It can include commercial forest products such as Balsam tips, maple sugar, fence posts, firewood not just board timber. 

And I already have No Trespass signs on my Lowes List for delivery.  /-).

Thanks all. Seriously.
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

Offline repmma

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
@Crow99 .... Yes I'll want the back 40 in Tree Growth tax program still, I think. That forest management plan is much less detailed. It can include commercial forest products such as Balsam tips, maple sugar, fence posts, firewood not just board timber. 

And I already have No Trespass signs on my Lowes List for delivery.  /-).

Thanks all. Seriously.

I've been waiting to get my garage built and the town to finalize what they are going to charge me for the privilege to utilize their land before I put what I want into tree growth.  Otherwise I feel they will adjust the appraisal to suit their needs.  Mill rate is already $18.9.

Like you said the options and requirements for tree growth aren't that bad.  The other federal programs I'm not sold on...
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 07:06:39 PM »
I own some wetland,it's just tall grass. Someone drove a 4 wheeler across it. A game warden visited the wife while I was gone and started to tell her we could not drive our 4 wheeler across the meadow.  :o   We don't even own a 4 wheeler and she told the warden my husband would like to catch the guy that did that. This whole area is preserved for waterfowl. An area pond lost thier nice beaches when the state held back the water for the water fowl.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline repmma

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
Is your wetland exempt from property tax? 
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »
It might be,but I don't really want the state involved with my land.  ;)  This piece would be no more than 2 acres in size.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline Jemclimber

• Share Post
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 08:44:42 AM »
I own some wetland,it's just tall grass. Someone drove a 4 wheeler across it. A game warden visited the wife while I was gone and started to tell her we could not drive our 4 wheeler across the meadow.  :o   We don't even own a 4 wheeler and she told the warden my husband would like to catch the guy that did that. This whole area is preserved for waterfowl. An area pond lost thier nice beaches when the state held back the water for the water fowl.

Is this meadow visible from the road? What business did the game warden have on your property?
lt15

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 08:54:56 AM »
Yes,it's right next to the road. I saw the 4 wheeler tracks when I came home from work. This was years ago,I think the game warden we have not would not be so rude about it. I have talked with the one we have now many times. But that area is protected by the state about some waterfowl conservation program.

Offline snowstorm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 05:11:51 PM »
if its a swamp and you fuss enought the town will call it wasteland and the tax rate is real low

Offline repmma

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 09:38:11 PM »
if its a swamp and you fuss enought the town will call it wasteland and the tax rate is real low

It's a battle I don't suspect will result in more then a draw in the end.  The crooks will just make it up someplace else.  But where is the fun in not raising hell with them!?

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 09:55:31 PM »
I look at it this way  what they don't know don't hurt them :)

Offline kwendt

• Share Post
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
I look at it this way  what they don't know don't hurt them :)

;D ;D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Farm Pond Fishing

Started by Norm on The Outdoor Board

30 Replies
Last post July 07, 2008, 10:16:35 PM
by semologger
xx
Fishing in the farm pond....

Started by weimedog on The Outdoor Board

0 Replies
Last post August 01, 2014, 03:43:36 PM
by weimedog
xx
ATV Forest & Farm Dump Trailer

Started by Tam-i-am on LogRite Tools and Rite Leg Co

39 Replies
Last post October 27, 2014, 08:06:09 AM
by Tam-i-am
xx
Had not fished the farm pond in a while. But they were hopping thay day!

Started by weimedog on The Outdoor Board

1 Replies
Last post June 05, 2016, 03:34:47 PM
by Carson-saws