iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just A Little

Started by Autocar, January 11, 2015, 02:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Nervous on the 29 of December I seen a 1996 F-350 crew cab, eight foot bed with a 7.3 for sale in Salt Lake City Utah. So I had my bank do a wire transfer Iam not big fan on texting but younger folks seem to text and not talk to you in person, so ten days later I hadn't heard beans out of them so I called and it went to a voice mail. On the second day still didn't hear anything out of them so I texted him that I would apprecate a call or a update I did get a return call and this last Friday a lady called me to check the vin number because they were loading the truck and would be here on this Monday. Then on Friday she called me again telling me it would be here on Sunday morning [ today ] I was up around 5:30 and was messing around on the back porch and heard the dogs barking I walked to the front of the house and there sat a semi car hauling rig out on the road. I sure am tickled it is here it sat on the top with a car behind it so the driver unloaded the car and then the truck. It has 160,000 miles my 2001 has even more. I liked the body stile in the older trucks and it may be me but seems like there is a little more room under the hood then my 2001. It has new tires, transmission and the whole undercarraige has been powder coated black it looks like it rolled of the line yesturday I will let it set in the shop and as I get some time I will go over the whole thing it should last me for many years, I will drive the 01 when the roads are covered with salt and make it a fair weather truck  :).

Bill

sawguy21

I hope it works out for you. It would have to be an exceptional unit before I would buy unseen and pay to transport that far. Another member got burnt on a bucket truck recently.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

snowstorm

i agree with more room under the hood. in some ways i liked that cab better. they dont have all the little holes and places for salt to hide under them

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Glad it worked out. I would be NERVOUS wiring money for a truck. Post pics as soon as you can.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

47sawdust

Autocar,
I'm with you on the 1996 Ford truck body style.It is my favorite and judging from some of the crazy prices i see on ebay they must be becoming a collector's item.I have bought two vehicles and a tractor sight unseen and have had good luck.It can be a little nerve wracking and their are always some surprises,but here in Vermont it is hard to find older rust free vehicles.
Good luck,
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

fishpharmer

I always liked a happy ending.  Glad it was what you expected.  8) I don't ever plan to sell my 7.3 F350.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

samandothers

Congrats!  Nice looking older truck. Look forward to pictures!

Autocar

I guess I may trust people to much,I bought my skidder the same way  ;D took the word of a man and bought it. I paid $900.00 to come from Utah to Ohio and I felt it was a resonable price. The name of the place is Diesel Deals.Com I found it on E-Bay but to see some of the trucks he has had just go to YouTube and type diesel deals. com there are some dandy 95/97's on there.
Bill

JB Griffin

Auto I'm with you on liking the '91-'97 body style better.
But if your '01 is a 7.3 you might be disappointed with '96, unless your '01 is a little sick, pretty good difference in power between the two.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Thank You Sponsors!