The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Diet anyone??  (Read 3689 times)

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Diet anyone??
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 06:39:44 AM »
umm winter  hot chocolate and hard roll morning      don't drink coffee steve_smiley         lunch most times don't eat     lots of water nothing else   supper what ever gets put in front of me  :)   don't drink anymore but maybe a glass of wine month      between 9-11 maybe ice cream- pudding or cereal   the trouble is if I eat lunch it makes me vary lazy     I know bad eating habits  ;D

Offline Firewoodjoe

• Im getting old
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »
Jeez coxy how do you survive?! Lol no coffee, no lunch, and no cold suds! 😳 Couldn't do it😢

Offline Autocar

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:45 AM »
I know my problem is I don't eat right some mornings I will go till four in the afternoon before I stop to eat. Then other days a cup of coffee and a honey bun then all day till four of five. I don't drink or smoke but pushing 68 I run down by noon or one depending on how big of timber Iam cutting. I take a potassium pill and sip on water all day unless I forget to take the water jug out of the truck and it freezes up over night. I also take two blood pressure pills and  two sawmetto pills every day. I sometimes think it the pills why I ware out but maybe it is just me.
Bill

Offline CCC4

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:16 AM »
Slayer, I'm right there with ya...I hover at 162-165 and I'm 5'11. I don't sit still very long and that added with high metabolism keeps me well cut...but the ladies like it!! LOL!

Mn Woodchuck, I need to eat like you do! Meat n potatoes sounds like the deal there!

Southside logger, haha mang...yeh, I think it was 4 eggs and half a package of bacon that night! LOL! Last night was 4 scrambled eggs covered in chili and piled high with shredded cheese. YUM!!!!

lopet, how do you get your PH checked? That might be something I need to look into. Might pick up some mag pills today and start taking them.

so il logger, yes Sir...pasta is where it is at! Used to be my main staple during my racing career...why I don't still eat like that now IDK....maybe cuz there is no trophy involved! LMAO!

coxy, OMG Son....I'd pass out or want to pinch peoples heads off if I ate like that! LOL!

Autocar, heck Sir...you have made it to 68...doing just fine it sounds like to me! :)

Offline CCC4

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »
Can't help but notice that rare steaks don't seem to be on anyone's menu anymore...gee....wonder if it has anything to with dropping a $20 just to get a good cut??? LOL!

Offline lopet

• Senior Member x2
  • Do not climb any higher your comportable falling !
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »

lopet, how do you get your PH checked?

Urine  test strips.                  My problems started in fall of 2012 with coughing mucus , short breath, stiff neck and always fatigue and quite often had a hard time to motivate myself to do something.  After several doctor visits and trying different inhalers I have  seen no improvement. I asked my self, is that really it and I have to live with this for the rest of my live ?  So I decided not to give up and looked in to mineral  efficiency , but at that point never thought about magnesium. Anyhow went to see a chiropractic to find out, if there is a problem with a disc. After another X ray.... negative results again. Went for a food allergy test.... negative. Had my house checked out for mold and radon gas.... negative. Looked in blood types, as my wife and I have different ones , but still eat the same food....  negative. Looked in to all the food preservatives, tried different diets.....no result. The last thing I did at new year was, i threw all the Wi Fi equipment out of the house. Wireless router , cordless phones, etc. People thought I am nuts.......well , no results again. So after spending endless time asking Dr. Google, i didn't know what else to do, unless someone mentioned the PH .   Duuuuh  !  All my problems were home made and pretty simple to fix with the magnesium.  All in all I spend more than 1 K for medication, allergy test, checking out the house and chiropractic appointments.  If after all that $ 20 per month in Magnesium will keep my problems under control, I can live with it, but just made me thinking, how important a healthy diet  is , especially as older we get.
I thought, I share my story and it might help somebody to determine some similar problems.           
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »
Jeez coxy how do you survive?! Lol no coffee, no lunch, and no cold suds! 😳 Couldn't do it😢
its a good thing i have a wonderful wife  :)  the cold suds was a bad thing for me it was easyer to quit than pay 16k for a dwi  and she was the one that was going to turn me in  :o  :D was never one to eat lunch just made me lazy but when i get home ill eat just about every thing in the house  8)

Offline treeslayer2003

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 02:00:54 PM »
Can't help but notice that rare steaks don't seem to be on anyone's menu anymore...gee....wonder if it has anything to with dropping a $20 just to get a good cut??? LOL!
yea i eat um, but got to be tender..........i really need to get teeth i guess.......

Offline CCC4

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
Really good info lopet! Much appreciated! I need to check the PH...definitely something to think about!

Offline CCC4

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 06:17:04 PM »
Slayer, yer a mess mang! Lol!

Offline treeslayer2003

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 09:34:18 PM »
what goods teef n har? LOL

Offline Mn woodchuck

• I'm old but still going.
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
Rare steaks ?? I gotta have one at least once a week. And pork chops.   I still have a beer or 2 but no more 6-8.
But now you guys have wondering about the ph.  And magnesium . Mmmmm.
to soon oldt to late schmart!
3 husky 350xps 340xp 362 346. 372xp McCullough 710.and a jonsered 2150 sopped up..
Cat D6 D2

Offline coxy

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 06:20:03 AM »
Rare steaks ?? I gotta have one at least once a week. And pork chops.   I still have a beer or 2 but no more 6-8.
you eat your pork chops a little rare too my wife hates that I do that and my 8 year old will eat raw hamburg with salt and pepper on a slice of bread that really make the wifes blood boil  my 8 year old tells her well poppy always did it and he never got sick     if I raise my beef and pork ill eat it raw and rare but not the store bought stuff

Offline Maine372

• Share Post
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 01:32:37 PM »
Ccc4- raisin bran is ok but my go to is corn flakes. Similar effect.

Wife buys plain yogurt in bulk and whatever fruit is cheap or in season.  Dices up the fruit and freezes it. Make up cups of yogurt for me with the frozen fruit shes saved up and our homemade maple syrup. Also brews my tea and uses a little lemon juice and the maple syrup for sweetener.

Think i read it on here but it holds true - i married better than my wife did!

Offline wannaergo

• Full Member x2
  • Work while I'm young, sleep when I'm dead!
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 06:18:45 PM »
CCC4, I like the sounds of your diet! I eat a breakfast burrito (homemade by the wife) or two and a half a pot of coffee around 4:30,  a granola bar around 9:30, 2 meat/cheese sammiches and a really healthy energy drink my inlaws introduced me to (no crash). On Fridays i get my weekly oatmeal cream pie :-) then supper is whatever the wifey cooks, usually at 5 when I walk in the door.
2016 Ponsse ergo 8w
2014 Cat 564
Husky 385

Offline lopet

• Senior Member x2
  • Do not climb any higher your comportable falling !
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
- i married better than my wife did!

Hah, I wouldn't go that far but lucky you !
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Offline tmarch

• I'm older, maybe not wiser tho
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »
you eat your pork chops a little rare too my wife hates that I do that and my 8 year old will eat raw hamburg with salt and pepper on a slice of bread that really make the wifes blood boil  my 8 year old tells her well poppy always did it and he never got sick     if I raise my beef and pork ill eat it raw and rare but not the store bought stuff
Meat and taters never kilt nobody, and a few cool ones when home and safe a fine too. ;) ;)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
My Grandpa diet

Started by Bibbyman on Health and Safety

74 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 12:18:14 PM
by Hilltop366
xx
diet drinks

Started by easymoney on General Board

22 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 10:41:09 PM
by isawlogs
xx
Anyone on the Paleo Diet? (UPDATE 7/1/13)

Started by Leigh Family Farm on Health and Safety

26 Replies
Last post July 02, 2013, 10:34:15 PM
by SLawyer Dave
xx
anybody got a favorite diet soda?

Started by fiddle1 on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

20 Replies
Last post April 15, 2011, 05:10:58 PM
by Bandmill Bandit