iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taxes URGH!

Started by redbeard, February 12, 2015, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Do any of you folks have to pay a Tangible equipment usage tax? They want to tax everything from a paper clip on up. I even have to pay tax on off road diesel. Its a local  county tax its low but adds up this year I feel like there really soaking me. URGH!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

SPD748

Tax on off road (i.e. non taxed) diesel? That's new. In NC, I purchase off road and pay the standard sales tax, not road use tax at the pump. Have you received an explanation as to what this additional tax is?

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Magicman

Oh my,  I do not even know what a "Tangible equipment usage tax" is.  That plus taxing off road Diesel is "highway robbery"  (no pun intended).   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

We have a tangible tax here too. They tax you on your office equipment and supplies, Any equipment including refrig and stoves in rentals or anything else you supply or use.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

redbeard

On the off road diesel, they want to know how much propane and off road diesel I store and price I paid. Haven't figured out how there going to get money from the off road diesel yet. Maybe they want the price difference if your fuel that is stored at a lower price and is used at a time when price is higher. Or vice versa.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

red oaks lumber

my answer would be zero fuel stored :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Texas Ranger

Whee. For a  minute there I thought you said TEXAS, and didn't know about any of that stuff.  God bless Texas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

BradMarks

They call it personal property tax here - for the business. If it's not bolted down it's taxable.  They quit sending me the forms years ago - I think the turnip had no blood to give! 

Thank You Sponsors!