iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack Clutch

Started by Timbercruiser, March 14, 2015, 05:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

hi everyone my freind is having issues with aftermarket clutch parts in a 230 timberjack with a 353 detroit.  Seems hard to get clutch parts that will last these days we just chainged it and after about 300 hrs the preassure plate broke a finger. In the city we live in there is only one place to buy parts . The owner said only one place in the states has parts.  Seems like bad throw out bearings or preassure plate trouble alot . My question is who makes a good clutch parts ? He had the machine for 30 years and he said OEM parts were fine and he dosent over work the skidder he is real kind to it . Hopefully someone will have a good idea . Thanks

David-L

If you can find an oem part from deere I would pay the extra expense for the psi plate as I just did mine this summer with a reman and don't like how the adjustment turned out. Dosent' slip but can't get it to adjust where I want. You can look on this site and there are plenty of dealers around to help that sell 200 series parts. Any Pics for us Jack fans.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Timbercruiser

No i dont have a picture but he sure gets mad putting out money and getting junk parts . Its a big enough job to do it in the bush and it gets tired after not even a year out of it

xalexjx

you should be able to get haldex stuff through napa, should be a standard size, or through an aftermarket parts dealer
Logging and Processed Firewood

ehp

Phone Napa in Barry's Bay and get them to ship you a proper clutch , they are the place to buy all your TJ stuff and have most in stock and at a good price 

lumberjack48

I got all my skidder and truck parts from napa
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

loggah

They originally had Lipe clutches,with  ceramic pucks on the clutch disc. They were pretty pricey 25 years ago. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

ehp

The Napa in Barry's Bay has everything on your machine just give them your serial number and they can tell you everything . Some how that Napa ended up with all the records from TJ and all the opions your machine had when built , it does help if you know the person the machine was built or sold to

Thank You Sponsors!