iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

11 Years On The Forum

Started by submarinesailor, March 26, 2015, 11:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

It is hard to believe that I have been posting/playing here on the forum for 11 years.

Thank you Jeff for this very nice/wonderful/outstanding/super place to hang out.

Bruce

yukon cornelius

8) I do love this place and all of those here!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

so il logger

Im new but same thank's to jeff  8) 8)

WH_Conley

I had to look Bruce. Will be 11 for me in August. When do we become Old Timers? :D
Bill

WV Sawmiller

Subs,

11 years on the forum! Wow. Must be all that pressure and diesel fumes. Lets see what the next 11 look like.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Chuck White

Time has a way of sneaking up on us!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Yesterday was the 14th anniversary of Mr. Tom's joining the Forestry Forum. I didn't announce it, but I privately observed it, as I so all Red Shirt days.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

scsmith42

Well said Bruce!  If I recall I just passed my nine year anniversary a couple of months back.  Hands down, this is my most beloved forum.

Jeff, we celebrated Tom's anniversary yesterday with some good old fashioned milling with his mill!  Lots of QS white oak, some black walnut, and a cedar log.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jim_Rogers

Having the forestry forum has changed my life. I've been here going on 14 years myself, will be 15 next December.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Texas Ranger

some of y'all are late bloomers. 14 years, 15 next September.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on March 27, 2015, 01:30:22 PM
Having the forestry forum has changed my life.

Jim Rogers

Mine too.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

submarinesailor

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 27, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

Jim Rogers

Mine too.  ;D

I didn't know that goats could have a mid-life crisis.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ::)

Chuck White

In so many ways, the Forestry Forum makes life a little easier.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 27, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

Jim Rogers

Mine too.  ;D

Ours were too,   on January 23, 2011, 08:23:59 pm

;D ;D

And naturally for the better.. :) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandhills

Only 5 for me but have yet to find a question that can't be answered here, never found a more diverse and polite group of folks, thanks Jeff!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on March 27, 2015, 02:49:51 PM

This statement is so true. I have read all the replies and this one just stuck out.
When you have a bad day at the mill, or have a certain species of wood not act right, problems with customers or even your personal life......etc......it takes a load
  off of you just knowing you're not the Lone Ranger. (old saying) There are other people that have walked in
  your boots that day that can relate to what you're going through. The advice, the pat on the back, sharing tears of sorrow and joy........I just don't think there is another place like this.
The Forestry Forum is a classy forum and is in a top shelf class all by itself.  :)

Click LIKE if you agree.  :D

Good statement Chuck!  smiley_thumbsup

bhall

"In so many ways, the Forestry Forum makes life a little easier."

Chuck you sure made a perfect statement, and Jim the FF has changed my life also,
and Dave the goatman, what Chuck says is why this old boy finally joined. Bob
97 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic/Lombardini
Life is good on the Catawba path

DR_Buck

Great topic Bruce.   Makes us all think about how much we appreciate the fellowship and friends we've made on the forum.   I passed the 11 year mark back in January..
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Holmes

The  FF is my go to place to learn and laugh.  I thoroughly enjoy it. 8) :P :)
Think like a farmer.

pabst79

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 27, 2015, 04:10:05 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on March 27, 2015, 02:49:51 PM

This statement is so true. I have read all the replies and this one just stuck out.
When you have a bad day at the mill, or have a certain species of wood not act right, problems with customers or even your personal life......etc......it takes a load
  off of you just knowing you're not the Lone Ranger. (old saying) There are other people that have walked in
  your boots that day that can relate to what you're going through. The advice, the pat on the back, sharing tears of sorrow and joy........I just don't think there is another place like this.
The Forestry Forum is a classy forum and is in a top shelf class all by itself.  :)

Click LIKE if you agree.  :D

Good statement Chuck!  smiley_thumbsup

I agree, Forestry Forum is Great! 8)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

thecfarm

I noticed Red Shirt Day today.
Yes,it is a wonderful place.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thanks to Jeff, when your day begins and ends with the FF, the rest is sure to be OK.  Thanks Forestry Forum Friends.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 27, 2015, 09:20:54 PM
Thanks Forestry Forum Friends.

Awwwwwwwh......shucks Magic....don't mention.  :embarassed:

Jim_Rogers

I must say, my day does begin and end with a view of the forestry forum......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

hacknchop

I think the ff is proof positive of the good part of the internet that when used for the betterment (i think thats a word) of folks in general it is a tool for educating and instructing in safe forestry and sawmilling, and very entertaining aswell, thanks to all responsible.
Often wrong never indoubt

Thank You Sponsors!