iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

i should say that both died from strokes not any kind of cancer :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

Yep, slice by slice till they hit paydirt. :D

sandsawmill14

sorry i got to rambling fish but i am very glad it all went good for you and i will be praying for a speedy recovery :)

thecfarm

You can ramble any time. I like the story.  ;D
That sounds good on the heart and ear!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

Quote from: thecfarm on November 03, 2016, 07:56:08 PM
You can ramble any time. I like the story.  ;D
That sounds good on the heart and ear!!!

thanks cfarm ;)
it is funny how stories of people you held dear get so long after they are gone :)

fishfighter

That is for sure sandman. It's after 1am and I hurting way to bad to even put my head down. >:(

fishfighter

Went to the doctor this morning for my ear. :( Yep, one heck of a chunk was cut out. For the skin graft, they sliced a chunk right behind the same ear. Anyway, pain is just about gone, but tinder to the touch. Was told to still take it easy for another week. :(

Let me know if y'all want me to take out this picture.

sandsawmill14

glad you are feeling better smiley_thumbsup  dont worry about the pic it dont look to bad  :)  just be glad its still there to hold up your hat ;)

thecfarm

Kinda like another members pictures,just scrool right by them,quickly.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on November 10, 2016, 06:38:10 PM
glad you are feeling better smiley_thumbsup  dont worry about the pic it dont look to bad  :)  just be glad its still there to hold up your hat ;)

:D Yep, though of that too! :D

Passed a bad night, last night. :( DanG thing was hurting. :( A bit better this morning. ;D

Oh, on the back side of that ear, they took a big chunk of skin/meat for the skin graft. Got around 8 stiches there still.

fishfighter

Got out yesterday and did some service work on my equipment. $400 in oil and filters. Ouch :o

Anyway, I was given a 28' camper. It is in very bad shape. My plans are to take my backhoe and just rip everything off the trailer. ;D That is going to be fun. ;D I took the camper just for the trailer to make a log trailer out of it. 8)

sandsawmill14

if its like the one we have you will have to do some bridgework to stiffen it up and some bracing on the goose neck but they are a good start ;) i think ours was only 20' but we got it ready to start reworking and something broke and had to pull it out of the shop to put the hay roller in to do some welding and havent got back to it  ::) that was only 7-8 yrs ago ::) its still sitting beside the shop and we will get to it some day :D :D :D

glad your feeling good enough to be back at it smiley_thumbsup

fishfighter

I had to chill for two weeks per the doctor for that DanG ear. :( It is still taken it's time to heal. :(

Pull the windows out the camper and then moved it close to my burn pile.

Then had fun with my backhoe. 10 minutes and it was clear. ;D

Yep, I will beef it up along with cutting it down to around 18', 22' with the hitch. It's 32' long now.

sandsawmill14

i was guessing it was a 5th wheel by the length but i see it is not now ;) with it being the tag along it long enough to make 2 out of  :D :D :D

fishfighter

The camper tag had it's weight at 8700 lbs. The axles I think are 5K each. So, that should do as far as a couple logs at a time.

sandsawmill14

i wouldnt be afraid of 6-800 bdft doyle on it myself if your truck can handle it  :) but i have hauled 55 7x9 hardwood ties with my c 30 chevy pulls it fine stopping it requires some practice ;D :o :D :D :D

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: fishfighter on November 16, 2016, 06:19:03 PM
The camper tag had it's weight at 8700 lbs. The axles I think are 5K each. So, that should do as far as a couple logs at a time.
Knowing how they build trailers and like to cut corners, I doubt they are 5k axles.  At 8,700 pounds, the tongue weight is supposed to be 15%, or 1,305.  That leaves a net weight for the axles of 7,395.  They might have skimped and only did 3.5k but probably had custom 3.7k axles made up, maybe used 4k.  Is there a sticker on the axles (manufacturer with a model number)?  Would be worth checking.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fishfighter

Didn't see anything on the axles. Good thing, the electric brakes still work. Load wise, I have a Dodge 2500 diesel. ;D

ChugiakTinkerer

I got this off a page at etrailer.com:

Typical Axle Diameters Based on Axle Capacity
- 1,000-lb - 2,000-lb Axles: 1-1/2 inch - 1-3/4 inch diameter
- 3,500-lb Axles: 2-3/8 inch diameter
- 6,000-lb - 7,200-lb Axles: 3 inch diameter
- 8,000-lb Axles: 3-1/2 inch diameter
- 9,000-lb Axles: 4 inch diameter
- 10,000-lb Or more axles: 5 inch diameter
Woodland Mills HM130

fishfighter

By going by that, the axle pipes are 3". 6K each? I hope. :D Thanks. Got a bunch of work done on it yesterday. Will get some more done today. I had cut the trailer bed down to 18' besides the hitch. I'm still beefing it up.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: fishfighter on November 18, 2016, 05:20:28 AM
By going by that, the axle pipes are 3". 6K each? I hope. :D Thanks.
Well that's good news!  Are you going to be using a WDH (weight distribution hitch)?  The reason I ask is the axles look pretty far back.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fishfighter

My truck has air bags installed. I put a 2300lb truck camper in the bed. Oh, it has a 8'bed too. ;D Truck weights in a little over 6500lbs.

fishfighter

been some time from my last up date on the build. Really haven't did much, but just small little things. Last Saturday morning, it was 30F with a lot of wind. Told myself it was a very good day to fire up the woodstove. I had lit small fires in it, but of course it was hot outside.

Well, I put a real fire in it and I was very happy with the out come. ;D Didn't take long to warm things up in the camp. ;D

Now, it is 77F and raining. :(

fishfighter

Kind of shut down building on the camp the last few months. :( Health wise, I had to. Anyway, I got out for a little to work on it. Did I say I like free things? ;D Couple weeks ago, I copped some free metal roofing that is new. Sheets from 8' to 14'. Only problem there, they are different colors, but still the same as what I have up on the main building. Really no problem due to I will coat them like the rest of the building.

Anyway, I finished boxing the north side of the back bedroom and installed the first new sheet of roofing. Got tired and sealed everything back up. :( Going to try and do the complete roof section the next few days.

Didn't get any pictures. :( But, if the rains hold out like they are saying, there will be a good chance to get my load of sheetrock in by next week. ;D Just waiting for it to dry some.

sandsawmill14

its been real wet here too    glad you are feeling good enough to work a little now :)

Thank You Sponsors!