iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Amazing Birthday cake my son made

Started by Peder McElroy, April 20, 2015, 08:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peder McElroy

My Son made this birthday cake for my Birthday to look like my mill site.

thecfarm

Well ain't that nice.He put some thought into that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Hilltop366

WDH

I know that you are proud of him, and certainly, he is proud of you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peder, that young man as a future in art or development, or maybe a plastic surgeon.  ;D
Tell him I think his work is great!
You are very blessed....both of you.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Wow, there is lotsa love built into that cake.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

shakebone

Lt40 super desiel , LT 35 hyd , New Holland ls 180 , Case 75xt ,
So many logs so little time.

Doug Wis

Really nice. Were all the decorations made from eatable stuff or did he slip some real wood or sawdust to make it more realistic?
A man who says he can do everything at 65 that he did at 25 sure wasn't doing much at 25.

coppolajc10

My mill site doesn't look that good, let alone a cake of my mill site. That is a talented young man, congrats!  Oh, and happy birthday for you too.

fishfighter

Dang, that is nice. My dear wife just bought me a store cake yesterday which was a good thing. She can't cook at all. ;D In 35+ years of being married to her, no two meats look a like, but they all taste the same.

cbla

buzywoodliff

WellandportRob

That is awesome. That boy has got some talent.
2016 Wood-Mizer LT40HG 35 , Alaskan MKIII 60", Chev Duramax, Anderson logging trailer. Lucas DSM 23-19.

Ocklawahaboy

Very nice.  Is he in the cake business?  You don't do something that nice without practice.

Peder McElroy

He made the mill out of wood and the forklift is a toy from the Grandkids but all else you can eat . the sawdust is ground up cookies the rest is eatable .

Billbob

The lad has talent!  A man who can cook will never go hungry.
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

jueston

that is an amazing decorating job right there. the kid could have a future on the cake boss tv show soon....

tmarch

Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

woodyone.john

Dang, that is nice. My dear wife just bought me a store cake yesterday which was a good thing. She can't cook at all. ;D In 35+ years of being married to her, no two meats look a like, but they all taste the same.
Fish thats a goody,My mum told me we dad first brought her home she couldnt cook,she reckoned she even burnt the water.
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

trapper

Sent the picture to my daughter the cake maker.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

samandothers

OK yeah it looks amazing!

More importantly how did it taste!

Talented guy for sure!

Ron Scott

~Ron

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Brucer

Barb used to make fancy birthday cakes for our daughter. The one that sticks in my memory was for her 16th birthday. There was a curving highway made of chocolate, and a marzipan car driving on the highway.

My daughter is carrying on the tradition. Last year my oldest grandson had a cake shaped like a bulldozer. This year the younger grandson had a mound of "earth" (chocolate) with an excavator on top.

There were lots of cameras present at both events -- now I just have to find the pictures.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

customdave

That is really neat, that picture will be a keeper!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

fishpharmer

A work of art indeed.  8)  Happy Birthday to you Peder!  Is your son taking cake orders and shipping nationwide? ;) :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

21incher

That is one great looking cake. I saw it posted on Facebook today also. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!