The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Tally-I/O

Author Topic: Sequoia Mills  (Read 8234 times)

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
Re: Sequoia Mills
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2015, 02:22:40 PM »
Majicman, did i do something I  wasn't supposed to loading pics?
I was pointing out Jeff's instructions as per here:  How to Post Pictures  Check out the first paragraph written in BOLD.  This board is found at the very bottom of the FF index page.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline LumberDan

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »
   Update on my claim for a new mill from Sequoia Mills due to damage in shipment... NO UPDATE! I ordered it March 23rd, received the "twisted up" damaged mill finally on June 3rd, Sequoia Mills didn't file the claim till June 24th, Estes Express has up to 45 days (August 8th) to respond... really?? If successful in getting a claim check it goes to Sequoia Mills, then up to them to build me another one and ship it. Going by the first turn around time it took 10 weeks to get, lets see..., I should finally get my mill around October 17th... beautiful! At least I won't be sweating rolling logs around. Summery, horrible place to do business with!

Offline Ox

• Senior Member x2
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2015, 09:40:31 AM »
Maybe, just maybe it might be better than you're expecting.  I can feel your frustration clear over here on the hill.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline BradMarks

• Foresters are TREE-mendous
    • Share Post
    • Pacforest Supply
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »
We do a lot of shipping and receiving palletized orders, so taking 3 weeks to initiate a claim is very poor business. Instructions are immediately if damaged in transit. Good luck.

Offline deadfall

• I'm old, sorta!
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »
My, what as saga!  Being lysdexic, I timed out before I could read through this.  I know Murphy's Laws are for engineering, but there must be a Murphy's Laws of Commerce as well.  I'm so glad to be out of business and retarred. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Offline justallan1

• Senior Member x2
  • living and learning
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2015, 09:19:32 AM »
Dan, are they just going to build you a new carriage frame and you put the components from the one you have on it, or do you get an entirely new mill? If you get a whole new mill is there a chance that you can fix the one that was already sent to you? From your pics it doesn't look like it would take much at all to be up and running, granted pictures don't always tell the whole story.
I'll say this for darned sure, if your getting an entire carriage assembly with wheels and engine included, I'd be happier than a dog in the cat box! I'd fix the one you have and use it, then sell the new one in October. ;D
Better yet, sell the "Twisted up damaged mill" to me and I'll fix it up and sell it.
I do feel your pain on the shipping woes though. A couple months ago I sent someone a crate of burls worth right at $2,500 and it got lost for a month and a half. He'd lined up the shipping through a broker and sent me the bill of lading. I sent it off and it just flat disappeared somewhere between Billings Montana and Michigan. The broker used every last trick he could to prove it was our fault and offered to give us $50 for my loss, OUCH! I had to force myself to finally just call the buyer and tell him, "Well, the time I'd spent finding, sawing, processing and building a shipping crate was that much more time that I was sober." That was, at that time, the only possible thing that I could do. About a week later my crate was found in a warehouse, IN DALLAS TEXAS!
Have a great, Dan. It will somehow all work out for you.

Offline Kbeitz

• Senior Member x2
  • Never enough time...
    • Share Post
    • My Hobbies
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:22 PM »
Take what left of the second mill and make your self an extension...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Offline LumberDan

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2015, 09:58:17 AM »
To answer some of the questions, I had Sequoia Mills build me the carriage and head only, I installed all of the extras such as motor, winch/cable lift system, battery, fuel tank and mounting supports, clutch, blade etc... Had to also do all of the setup of the band wheels/blade guides as it was just thrown together to ship it. It did take me a little while to get it all figured out being the first time I did this and no instructions. I have done all this setup and dialing in to learn so when I get a good one I can get going pretty quick. lol maybe! I did get a call last week from someone at the shippers saying they are going to send an investigator to my house here in Ohio to look at the mill. at least that's progress but my only fear at this point is if they deem it repairable, who repairs it and the check still goes to Neil Akers not me. does he forward the check to me?  :D Meanwhile I have begun building my sawmill trailer for this thing. The main tracks are 4"x 7" 3/16" tubing 20' long. caped with 2"x2" angle turned over for the v-rollers to ride on. The cross members are 3"x 8.5" semi truck frame. I got a deal on some new truck frame at the steel yard. It looks great and now I'm working on building 8 jack stands. If I start a new post about the build will you guys see it? many of you have showed interest and have actually help me in my plight with this whole mess. I don't know how it works   :) I still am not sure on the upload picture thing. I can upload to my gallery but i guess i'm not allowed to invite anyone to view my gallery? hmm? Then if I use the link below "Click here to add Photos to post" it takes me to my gallery and then I select one then... nothing, it doesn't give me any options at that point. lol Will update you all later lmao

Offline Ga Mtn Man

• Senior Member x2
  • Y'all can call me GMM
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
After you select the pic, scroll down.  You will see a button labeled "Insert Image In Post".  Click it and a link to the pic will be inserted into your post.  Click "Preview" to see what it looks like.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 Logrite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Offline Ox

• Senior Member x2
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:38 AM »
Your mill frame sounds like a very sturdy and rugged design.  I wish I had gone with box tube but the large angle iron is holding up fine.  Just isn't as stiff as I would like to see it.  When it's properly supported it doesn't flex at all, which is what really counts.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline LumberDan

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2015, 09:10:32 AM »
hay! it works! Now maybe I can show what I'm working on, cool

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: Sequoia Mills

Started by chet on Urban and Community Forestry

0 Replies
Last post May 12, 2015, 11:01:05 PM
by chet
xx
Sequoia Mills, a year later

Started by MartyTheMiller on Sawmills and Milling

6 Replies
Last post March 31, 2016, 08:03:55 AM
by thecfarm