iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lignomat meter

Started by xlogger, May 16, 2015, 07:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlogger

Shopping around and ready to buy a moisture meter. There is a pinless meter on Amazon, Lignomat Scanner SD for $245.95 that I was looking at. Anyone here got one, do you like it or not? I see where it checks up ¾ inch. Is this good enough for 2" lumber?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Good price

Works well.  The two depth feature is nice.

Make sure you are aware of the inherent plus features and negative features of pin versus pinless, to make sure the pinless will do the job you want.  There is a comparison in the Appendix of DRYING HARDWOOD LUMBER.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Fedge

I have one and I like it. Price is better than I paid for mine!

Geoff
A smart man knows a lot, a smarter man knows what he doesn't know.

AlaskaLes

I've got the Mini-Ligno DX/C and it is a pin meter.
I'm still learning how to use it and when it is within it's most accurate range.
So far, it's just another tool for confirmation of the sample drying tests in our DH kiln.
Eventually, I hope to be able to interpret the data better and apply it to the whole process.
The little pin holes could be a downside, but with a big pile of wood, it would be easy enough to work around those.
If it is as accurate as the pin type, I could see that as perhaps one of the benefits of the pinless type...no little holes in your finished product.
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

xlogger

I have to let you know, I order it this morning.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!