iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accommodations

Started by mesquite buckeye, June 09, 2015, 11:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

We have a lot of packrats out here...besides the two legged kind. I thought it would be fun to post a few of the more spectacular examples.
;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

The Redington Ratz Carlton at the Rio San Pedro. Built with mesquite chunks, saguaro ribs, arrow weed sticks and an occasional mummified cow pie for that special je ne sais quoi.

Enjoy. ;D ;D ;D

Please feel  free to post your own fabulosities. :) :) :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

You gots big rats.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mesquite buckeye

That one is about 5 feet across and 2 1/2 feet tall. The packrats are maybe 6 inches long not counting the tails. You would never guess that from the estates they build. They are very industrious. ;D Supposedly one of these only houses a mated pair and their young offspring.

For some real fun drop off a rattlesnake in the front door and watch the rapid exit out the rear.
;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

Don't ask how I know this. :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sandhills

I'd show you a picture of my yard but I'd put your packrats to shame  ;), never throw anything away because then you'll need it, I live by this creed and for some strange reason my wife can't accept it, can't imagine why  ???  :D.  Seriously though the biggest problem we have are those DanGed woodchucks over at Dad's place, they dig under everything.

red oaks lumber

sandhills them chucks are just tryin to give everything basements :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

I have the packrat syndrome,but it's metal. If you come see me,you would never know. But a stroll down the woods road about 300 feet will make you realize I have alot of junk. Nothing like loggah has,I really envy his job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

It's all fun and games until you need to bed down for the night. :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

The Ratz at Redfield Canyon. A low rise ranch style estate made from creosote and other shrub branches garnished with a prickly pear pad.

Ratz Carlton at Saguaro Hill. Dead saguaro trunk and branches topped with saguaro ribs woven together with shrub branches and one cholla pad just for fun.

Tratt Towers.  Executive accomodations for the elite packrat. Dead saguaro trunk with shrub branches woven into the exposed rootball.

;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

International House of Rocks currently under construction delay due to the unfortunate loss of labor force.

I know it's a bit gross, but no disparaging comments please.

That's my Mummy. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

coxy

did it get tangled in the rope or just kick the bucket  ;D

4x4American

I think you need a flamethrower  ;D
Boy, back in my day..

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: coxy on September 07, 2015, 08:03:40 AM
did it get tangled in the rope or just kick the bucket  ;D

I think it might have been something he et.  ;D ;D ;D 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

The buckets were at the other end of the greenhouse so probably not that. ;D

They say give 'em enough rope and they'll hang themselves. ;D ;D ;D 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: 4x4American on September 07, 2015, 08:09:31 AM
I think you need a flamethrower  ;D

That would be fun, but that plastic lights off pretty easily.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Banjo picker

Is this the same kind of rat you call a pack rat.  We call em roof rats.  I bet its the same because i was looking for a small hand held seeder an found a box filled with all sorts of stuff, including plenty of dried horse poop. They get caught in a live trap, but they dont stay that way.  My old cat is getting too old to cut the mustard it seems.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

azmtnman

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on September 07, 2015, 01:11:18 AM
International House of Rocks currently under construction delay due to the unfortunate loss of labor force.
That's my Mummy. ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
At least they're not filling up your engine compartments! I had one FILL UP the engine compartment on my truck 3 nights in a row!! Moved the truck a 1/4 mile, cleaned the nest out every day, STILL!!! Finally some aluminum foil wrapped around a rat trap got 'em!
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

mesquite buckeye

They are so cute. ;D

Ask anybody who has had to replace $3000 worth of wiring in their car. >:( :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Mesquite Shadows luxury condos. ;D

Bark Beetle

If you have something small and colorful or shiny go missing check your little friends constructions for it they have a tendency to bring things home with them.
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

never finished

wait till they fill the breather on the wife's car. After a few miles you know something is hot and stinks real bad.

mesquite buckeye

Lots of electrical fires started by these guys. Most people with nearby packrats leave the hoods up and add a drop light if it is really bad. I just give them a dose of special K. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!