iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sure Like To Share

Started by Autocar, June 09, 2015, 07:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Some of the rain we been having here. Checked a job this morning and it was standing water with sketters a half inch long in swarms. Went 60/70 miles south to another woods and drug mud on my feet all day. There's time a logger can't win for losing  ;D.
Bill

so il logger

X2  :D Same story here, just start's to dry enough to get with it and then 4 more inches of rain. Sure hasn't been a good start to the dry season

treeslayer2003

y'all boys keep that, i don't want it.

coxy

same here the only thing I can see good about it is maybe some of the mills inventory will drop good enough so they will raise prices :D :D  ??? :-\

timberlinetree

Not wet here but lots of bugs!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

luvmexfood

We have gotten a shower just about every day for probably the last week and a half. Nothing major. Just enough to keep it wet.

Everything I skidded this week (about 1800 bft) was with a big pulley chained to the log and cable up the hill tied to a tree and the other end hooked to the tractor. This got them up to where it was not as steep then hooked to the tractor and skidded on out. Some pulls required me to rehook again about halfway up the hill.

I know that's not much to you guys, but for one person, cutting, limbing and skidding with a tractor and hauling behind a pick-up it paid the bills this week.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Autocar

Just picked up another half inch on already wet ground. It's turning into one of those summers for me  ::).
Bill

so il logger

Thunderstorm's forecasted all next week, what comes through here normally makes it to ohio  :(

Autocar

So Il Logger your not doing your job get out there and ring the water out of them clouds  :D Theres another line of storms just west of us right now and the weather forcast calls for a chance of rain evey day up to this coming Thursday. So the plan is you guys west of me start cutting trees and when they float past I'll load them  ;D
Bill

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Autocar on June 12, 2015, 06:56:38 PM
So Il Logger your not doing your job get out there and ring the water out of them clouds  :D Theres another line of storms just west of us right now and the weather forcast calls for a chance of rain evey day up to this coming Thursday. So the plan is you guys west of me start cutting trees and when they float past I'll load them  ;D

lol lol lol oz_smiley oz_smiley lol lol lol  sounds like a good plan to me! but who gets paid for the logs ??? :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

so il logger

Well bill, we need to get someone west of me to do the cloud wringin :D This has been a bad year already for me, both rain and injury. I hope to salvage the remaining what is supposed to be dry time or I may have to sell out. But it will have to get tough before that happens  8)

Autocar

We got another inch and a half last night and the forecast is calling for a chance of rain all the way into next Saturday. I was a happy fellow this late winter because I had a number of jobs road side. The way it's going it will be this fall MAYBE if it keeps up. Get yourself busy making firewood for this coming winter,
Bill

clww

I wish we'd see a little bit of rain here. Average temperature last week, Monday through Saturday, was 91 degrees here. Humid in the mornings, and then dusty dry all afternoon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Autocar

Just got another half inch, total sence last night two inches. Crazy for sure !
Bill

so il logger

Quote from: Autocar on June 14, 2015, 08:55:34 PM
Just got another half inch, total sence last night two inches. Crazy for sure !

More coming bill  smiley_furious3 On my current tract a guy needs  smiley_greg_walking_stilts to keep his waist outta the flood water. It will turn off dry and hot soon and the skeeter's will be so big they will have ticks hangin' off of them.... then we can talk about that misery  :D

Autocar

Had two storms so far this evening, I haven't walked out to check the rain gage. Was waiting for the weather to come on and the TV says compleate signal loss. They call all this new stuff progress but the old stuff worked no matter what the weather was  :-\
Bill

mesquite buckeye

Send it here. We'll take it all and smile. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Autocar

From 6:00 last evening to 6:00 this morning we picked up another 3 1/2 inch a few miles north they ended up with 5 1/2 inch wish we could send it to you mesquite buckeye we have plenty to go around  :D
Bill

lopet

Maybe that's the year to buy a boat and forget about the logging .  ;D
Sorry for your luck, we got plenty of water here too, but not as bad as you guys.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

John Mc

It's been wet out here as well. We had a dry spring with almost no mud season during the regular time for that (surprising, given how much snow was on the ground in the winter, but the melt happened in stages, so no mud problem).

We've made up for it since then. The ground is completely saturated, so any little rain causes a problem. I cqn;t even get my firewood out of the woods behind the house.

My wife has been building an obsacle course along the trails in our woods (training for a Spartan-type race). We had a bunch of people over here Saturday for the inaugural "Rabbit Run". We should have renamed it the Mud Run.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

treeslayer2003

Quote from: so il logger on June 14, 2015, 03:02:27 AM

Well bill, we need to get someone west of me to do the cloud wringin :D This has been a bad year already for me, both rain and injury. I hope to salvage the remaining what is supposed to be dry time or I may have to sell out. But it will have to get tough before that happens  8)
>:( no more of that talk. things get bad and things get good......its a cycle.

Autocar

We are pushing two inches for today that brings the total so far to ten inches. More roads closed then I can ever remember river towns around here are under water.
Bill

so il logger

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on June 17, 2015, 05:53:11 PM
Quote from: so il logger on June 14, 2015, 03:02:27 AM

>:( no more of that talk. things get bad and things get good......its a cycle.

I'm not a goin anywhere's mike! It's just logging, always a gamble but I can't imagine doing anything else. All my equipment is paid for and it's just a waiting game. But the rain is getting old fast, we may not get a drop but 30 miles north get's 5 inches and the river get's outta the banks. My job's are all in river bottom's, normally this is the time of the year to be in them and the hill timber get's cut in winter while the sap is down

John Mc

After reading through some newspapers online from out in IL, IN, and OH, I can see we don't have it near as bad here in VT as you guys do. We've had a couple of roads in valley towns get submerged for a time, and we can do much in our woods, but nothing like the flooding out your way.

I used to live in NW Ohio, on the edge of what was once the Black Swamp, so I know what it can be like. Our house became an island a couple of times, and I can remember pictures in the paper of the car dealerships in Findlay parking all their cars on the overpass, since it was about the only place out of the water (they weren't blocking traffic, since both ends of the overpass were under water).

Good luck with it. I hope things dry up soon for you.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

OH logger

john mc where did u live? I am only 15 miles west of findlay
john

Thank You Sponsors!