iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

simple chest

Started by Jemclimber, June 18, 2015, 12:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemclimber

I really enjoy working in the wood shop with my daughter and am glad she likes to make things. It's a great way to spend time with her.  Her friend's sister is getting married and wanted a chest for all the guests to sign the underside of the lid, and I got volunteered.  We are both procrastinators (apple doesn't fall far from the tree, old saying) and since the wedding is Saturday I figured on Monday I better start it.  It is unfinished and left for the couple to finish after all the signing.  Mostly red oak with some spalted sapwood in places.  The top is EWP sandwiched between red oak.

lt15

lowpolyjoe

21incher

Great looking chest. That big cookie in the background looks amazing also. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Very nice.  Love the spalt.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

samandothers

Good for y'all!   Glad you have that time together.

sandsawmill14

love that chest :)  great job smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

hackberry jake

A chest that comes with a parallel clamp. Sweet!  ;D
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

cbla

Nice job! I too Love the spalting

Jemclimber

Thanks all.

Quote from: 21incher on June 18, 2015, 04:46:58 PM
Great looking chest. That big cookie in the background looks amazing also. :)

That cookie table in the background is waiting for concrete under the back porch so it can have a home. So many projects......    I'll get the concrete in this summer for sure.
lt15

DeerMeadowFarm

hackberry jake

What is the other project that is clamped up?

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

sandhills

Very nice chest and a neat idea for the signatures.

Jemclimber

Quote from: hackberry jake on June 19, 2015, 08:33:26 PM
What is the other project that is clamped up?

That was the bottom of the chest.  The chest wasn't glued up yet, just dry fitted, and the clamp was on the chest to make sure it didn't fall apart. That side of it wasn't tight and I didn't want it to fall apart for the photo. My daughter showed me the pictures where everyone signed the inside and it looks like it was a good gift.
lt15

sandsawmill14

that was a great idea (and a great build) much better than the guest book most have that just get packed away  :)

sandsawmill14

any way to remove a double post  ???  :-[

WDH

Took care of it for you. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandsawmill14

Dave H.

hackberry jake

Every time I see this topic, it makes me want to take my shirt off and pose and take a funny picture to post. But I know that for years later, the picture will keep being brought up. Like postons legs.

WDH

He can deer hunt and fish at the same time out of the same blind.  Now that is what you call planning. 

Jemclimber

Oh my!!!!!   :D :D :D
lt15

nmericle53

That is such a cool idea that will be treasured for many years to come. Did the idea come from pinterest? I am a pinterestaholic.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

My eyes really were not ready to see that again so soon.    :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Magicman on June 26, 2015, 10:27:57 PM
My eyes really were not ready to see that again so soon.    :o

smiley_thumbsup

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!