iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Windows 8, Google chrome FF not displaying properly

Started by boscojmb, June 20, 2015, 11:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boscojmb

I am running windows 8 on my laptop, and my browser of choice is Google Chrome. The FF started acting weird Thursday night. I can get it on Google Chrome at work with my desktop running windows 7.

When I try to access the FF from my laptop, I get what looks like a distorted version of the FF mobile site. I have toggled between "go to mobile" and go to "full site" and it does not make a difference. I am typing this from IE (I don't like IE).

The display looks like a 2" x 6" display on a 17" screen. Everything is WAY to small to read.

I know that lots'a folks here use Firefox, but I'm kinda set in my ways.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John Boczanowski
John B.

Log-Master LM4

Jeff

Change your ways.  :)  Nothing on the forum has changed even an iota. So....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Must be malware or a browser setting on your system or something. I'm on Win 8.1 and Firefox. IE displays fine?  I think Google has become some kind of legitimized malware spyware entity myself. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

gfadvm

Windows 8 and Chrome here with no problems. No offense, but have you maximized your screen?

clearcut

Try clearing your cache.

In the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) usually in the upper right of the Chrome window

More Tools (usually)

Clear Browsing Data
clear the cache first, and then try the other options if that does not work.

You may need to select for at least the last week if it went weird on Thursday.
Carbon sequestered upon request.

thechknhwk

If you have a mouse connected with a scroll wheel hold your control key down and rotate the scroll wheel as if you were scrolling up.  It should enlarge the screen.  If not I can't help ya :D

mometal77

CCleaner works good. I sometimes have this issue. Even with google chrome make sure no extentions have downloaded. I also use superantispyware.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!