iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally cut the big chestnut oak

Started by Birchwood Logging, June 27, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

Finally got it cut and pulled out, do I have any takers? Would make some beautiful slabs for some high dollar conference tables.

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

OH logger

john

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

luvmexfood

Bet it was a heck of a pull. Prices dropping over on this side of the mountain first of the month. Especially any veneer grade. If they are not damageing will probably leave anything that might make veener that I have here on the farm standing for now.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

clww

Nice looking log.
We've been getting more $$$ for pine than for the oaks around here for several months.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

treeslayer2003

Quote from: clww on June 27, 2015, 09:32:35 PM
Nice looking log.
We've been getting more $$$ for pine than for the oaks around here for several months.
really? i would dam sure like to see pine go up. still stuck at 300 for 300bft and up. my loads have been averaging 450-460 per tree.

treeslayer2003

birchwood how many nice white oaks do you have there? you know a guy could haul a semi load up this way reasonable?

lynde37avery

Nice wood! Which crawler pulled it out?
Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

Was/is the log debarked from the drag? That is a whopper! Nice job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WDH

Scott Smith is salivating  :D.  (Me too). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Birchwood Logging

The but log was a 14 footer and had 1400 feet in it the next cut was a 10 footer it had 722 feet in it then the tip log was a 8 footer and had 480 in it pulled it all out in one drag with the 700 some of the bark got drug off the tree was solid no shake or rot
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

thecfarm

Nice picture of that short guy standing by it.  :D  WOW!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

@scsmith42,

If you can get him to haul it to you, and if you end seal it, and if you quartersaw it, and if you sticker and air dry it, and if you kiln dry it, and if you plane it, and if you sell it, I will split the proceeds of the sale with you  ;D.

mesquite buckeye

WDH, have you joined the International Free Riders Redistribution Association? ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

mesquite buckeye

That's just the US edition. The worldwide one is the IFFRA. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

scsmith42

Quote from: WDH on June 28, 2015, 11:41:20 AM
@scsmith42,

If you can get him to haul it to you, and if you end seal it, and if you quartersaw it, and if you sticker and air dry it, and if you kiln dry it, and if you plane it, and if you sell it, I will split the proceeds of the sale with you  ;D.

Gee, thanks Danny.  You're quite the friend.....

You're right thought.... I AM salivating! :D  That is sooooo tempting.....
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

WDH

Birchwood Logging

I would like to get $2000 out of the but log dose that sound reasonable it's slick and sound no shake or rot

Birchwood Logging

Autocar

Nice log we get some big ones around here also,working in hills my hats off to you guys . I wouldn't last to long going up and down the hill  ::).
Bill

scsmith42

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on June 29, 2015, 12:35:27 PM
I would like to get $2000 out of the but log dose that sound reasonable it's slick and sound no shake or rot

It depends upon what the log looks like, but that may be in the ballpark albeit a bit high.  From the first photo it appears to have some sweep in it, which would reduce it's value for QS but not affect it for slabs as much.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

sandsawmill14

birchwood  did you hug it first ??? ;D   thats a nice log  smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Peter Drouin

$2000 Good luck with that, With the big knots in it.
But if you can get it good for you. 8) 8) ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!