iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Keeping your cool

Started by huskyxp, July 15, 2015, 07:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huskyxp

Well with this hot muggy weather and polen so thick on trees it's a battle keeping the ole harvester running cool! I usually try to be in woods at daylight and work till 10-11 ish then jump on forwarder to try n beat the heat and also clean oil cooler every couple hours. Any other tricks people mind sharing would be appreciated!

Corley5

Run early and keep the cooler/radiator screen brushed off.  I take the pressure washer with a nurse tank of water to the job and blow out the coolers on occasion too.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ken

My forwarder has been running extra hot lately and we suspected a head gasket as there has been sporadic minor leaks down the side of block.  Changed it today so hopefully tomorrow will be different. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Polish Hammer

I find running high temps on warmer day all stems down to improperly set hydraulics. Make sure your reliefs are set to proper spec and that your reaching max recommended pressures. any part of the system going into relief early creates unwanted heat and it all shows on warm days. if the coolers are clean and your getting air flow but things are still hot, start checking pressures.
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

CCC4

I see this is an equipment thread however if you get hot and feel the need to give your hardhat a good bash against a tree...Rockwell premium helmets will take it! ...heck my 461 even held up well after a good toss through the woods!!

Best thing to do when over heated and in junk timber is throw a baby fit...toss yer gear, smoke a cig, go gather all your scattered parts and get yer butt back to work...you ain't making money unless trees are hitting the ground!

Be safe

East ky logging

Do just like ccc4 said then point out a stand of trees that needs cut to your 23 year son and then remember that you have to go to town and get something
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

mills

Quote from: CCC4 on July 16, 2015, 07:44:11 AM
I see this is an equipment thread however if you get hot and feel the need to give your hardhat a good bash against a tree...Rockwell premium helmets will take it! ...heck my 461 even held up well after a good toss through the woods!!

Best thing to do when over heated and in junk timber is throw a baby fit...toss yer gear, smoke a cig, go gather all your scattered parts and get yer butt back to work...you ain't making money unless trees are hitting the ground!

Be safe

:D :D :D CCC4, I know what you mean. The good thing for me is that by the time I feel like that I'm too weak to throw it.  :D :D :D

treeslayer2003

Quote from: East ky logging on July 17, 2015, 07:05:22 PM
Do just like ccc4 said then point out a stand of trees that needs cut to your 23 year son and then remember that you have to go to town and get something
i can't get my 23 year old to stay in the woods long enough for that  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!